Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spending too much time at the gym? How much is too much?

Gambino said:
2 hours in the gym?
ewwww, you are gonna look all veiny and huge like those bodybuilder guys
gross
a 1/2 hour is all you need, 15 on the treadmill, 15 for some light smith benching

you forgot the 5 minutes for visor placement (must come correct with that shit).

(additional 2 minutes for proper collar poppage optional)

jackangel said:
you forgot the 5 minutes for visor placement (must come correct with that shit).

(additional 2 minutes for proper collar poppage optional)
wearing a visor backwards increases my 1RM by 2.3%

I'm there less than 5 hours per week...and that includes cardio time

paradox said:
Healother, why the fuck do you ask for advice constantly if you never listen to any of it anyways? Im not flameing you, Im just curious

For some reason I think need to hear other opinions first, before I am comfortable picking my own opinion,
I know it sounds weird, but I think that this is the reason why.

Seriously though, if i didnt voice out my thoughts on these forums, they'd be spinning inside my head, and I'd be thinking constantly and be a complete wreck.

ksharp01 said:
I go to the gym about 4-5 times a week (3 min)
I would love to go more but don't want to risk burning myself out.
As far as dating someone from the gym, I thought I would like to since my current (well, ex) beau didn't go at all and it would cause problems sometimes since I wanted to go. I thought having someone with the same interest would be nice. For me I wouldn't worry about it not working out because I have somehow remained friends with all my ex's.

how do you remain friends with an ex if they were the one who dumped you, and you feel bad and depressed about it whenever you see them? People who don't give me a 2nd chance really frustrate me and i have trouble being their friend afterwards.

jackangel said:
lol at all the futile mentation over the social aspect. the detailed analysis of the gym scene...love it.

your focus (god help me for wasting my time) should be the effectivenes of your workouts, not the social aspect (not now, anyway). if you've just recently gotten back into training, and you're doing the schedule mentioned here...you will overtrain. so, ease up, especially on that cardio 6-7 days/week. i know it's hard when you're restless and you want to get somewhere NOW and you need something to really focus on...but you're spending too much time in the gym. again, i'm only speaking of your physical limits and needs...not anything social. however, once you ease up on all that working out (because you have to), you'll have more time for...whatever the fuck it is you want to do.

also, you should try to accept, if not embrace, the fact that you are insane. i'm not kidding. people like lestat and gambino do you an injustice by downplaying your online behaviour, or saying that you're simply a normal kid. while it's true that the issues your face, thoughts and feelings you have, etc. are normal in nature...your situation is not normal because of its obsessive extent.

furthermore, it's not normal because you post here in amazing detail. here, you're asking why you've only gotten so many replies? as if you haven't had 100s and 1000s before? as if you've indicated that it's done any good (not simply by saying so, that's meaningless)?

-we'll see about the overtraining,

-thanks for telling me im insane, that will make me get better.

-the point of this thread wasnt just for me, it was so others could get in a discussion about this as well, i thought itd be a great topic for a fitness forum, since many of us here are at the gym a lot.

The Shadow said:
I'm there less than 5 hours per week...and that includes cardio time
let me guess:
you probably prefer to do your workouts faster than i do

and do less cardio because:

you either are much better at dieting than i am

or you have a higher metabolism.

I spend sometimes 3 hours there every Monday - Friday since January..

Lots of cardio.. 90 min total split in 2 sessions
Lower intensity, more and slower sets, variety of lifts.
5 min break in the middle for water etc
15 min of heavy stretching post w/o
Long hot shower afterward taking my time etc. (no, not jacking off)

Y_lifter said:
I spend sometimes 3 hours there every Monday - Friday since January..

Lots of cardio.. 90 min total split in 2 sessions
Lower intensity, more and slower sets, variety of lifts.
5 min break in the middle for water etc
15 min of heavy stretching post w/o
Long hot shower afterward taking my time etc. (no, not jacking off)

Good to know someone else out there actually has to work to maintain a good body.
I'm sick of these peeps who work out for 20-30 minutes a day and say that they work hard for their abs.

healother said:
Good to know someone else out there actually has to work to maintain a good body.
I'm sick of these peeps who work out for 20-30 minutes a day and say that they work hard for their abs.

he's like 70 years old bro, it just takes him a while to get around

Top Bottom