Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spending too much time at the gym? How much is too much?

Nobledude said:
you finally snatched a job? what do you do?

I work in the IT dept at a college, but its a contract, will only last a few more weeks probably. we'll see.

PICK3 said:
sucks bro ... she had a nice rack

I know, that kind of rack and body to match is like 1/200 :(

as long as you're not overtraining, it's not too much. but you probably are. i am guilty of this as well.

is there something else socially productive that you would be doing? spending time with your friends? fuck that...get in shape.

however, it's basically impossible that you would have a good reason to spend two hours in the gym every day. i'm talking about you in particular. going from little or no working out to 2 hours in the gym every day is, beyond any doubt, unnecessary.

and lol at the possible social benefits of actually being in the gym. don't sweat those very minor possibilities (anything could happen, but it makes no sense to use that as a reason to stay at the gym). that's a classically-fyxgel obsessive detail, though. nice.

one thinks that talking about ones self in the third person makes one seem obnoxious

also one must keep lifting until one is bumpy and sexy, like a walnut in a condom :p

healother said:
maybe if i was going out more at night instead though, i'd be getting laid or something :(
No you wouldnt because you dont know what the hell to do once you are out. Hence why I said it doesnt make a difference either way for you so you may as well get into as good of shape as you can then worry about going out and getting chicks and just maintaining your level of shape in the gym.

GoldenDelicious said:
one thinks that talking about ones self in the third person makes one seem obnoxious

also one must keep lifting until one is bumpy and sexy, like a walnut in a condom :p

WTF???? "walnut in a condom"???

Hey, healother,
a word of caution to you: careful dating (or otherwise), people from the gym...you don't ever want a place you like going to, to turn into a place you don't, having to avoid psycho chicks....men... tweekers...

I recently had a simple "business lunch" turn into freaking inquest, which ended up turning into a psycho stalker... I had to go to another gym for a few weeks until a friend actually set the guy straight... scary. really scary.

I had NEVER dated, let alone made eye contact with men at the gym. I spend 40+ hours between two gyms and dont ever want to feel like that again... eekkkkk!

:worried:

on second thought, (thanks SD) Healother, maybe a stalker would do you some good.... but somehow, I don't think it's in the cards. :lil k:

Last edited:
2 hours???

Screw that..I lift 2 days a week heavy and intense for about an hour each and I look better then 99% of guys out there.

life's way too short to spend that much time in a gym.

jackangel said:
as long as you're not overtraining, it's not too much. but you probably are. i am guilty of this as well.

is there something else socially productive that you would be doing? spending time with your friends? fuck that...get in shape.

however, it's basically impossible that you would have a good reason to spend two hours in the gym every day. i'm talking about you in particular. going from little or no working out to 2 hours in the gym every day is, beyond any doubt, unnecessary.

and lol at the possible social benefits of actually being in the gym. don't sweat those very minor possibilities (anything could happen, but it makes no sense to use that as a reason to stay at the gym). that's a classically-fyxgel obsessive detail, though. nice.

I don't overtrain. When I say 2 hours, I count driving time, shower time, stretch time, etc. I like to do cardio 6-7 days a week, and lift 3-4 days per week. but on days that i lift and do cardio, i lift first, and do the cardio later, and only do half an hour of cardio. (I try to do 45-60 minutes on cardio only days)

i havent worked out seriously in years so its time to kick myself back into shape through sweat, blood, or whatever it takes.

yeah, its really hard to pick up chicks at the gym. seriously, they seem so unapproachable, and the whole gym has their eyes on you, and the staff has their eyes on everyone too. and the chicks can be super focused on working out sometimes, headphones and what not. And if you fail and she blows you off, you still see that chick in your gym regularly. And pretty soon when you've hit on more then one girl, people start to take notice :(

It's never taken me more than 1.5 hours to lift and do 30 minutes of cardio. I always try to stick to that timeframe. Somedays when I do 2 bodyparts it can take up to 1 hour, 45 minutes, I try to avoid that though. Otherwise I get sick of it and depressed walkin into the gym if I know I won't be leaving for 2 hours every night.

Top Bottom