Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

so the wife's been pining for a baby...

Perhaps if people were more honorable and just commited to each other as they should be we wouldn't need to have these discusions...

To not have children out of the fear that your partner may leave you and you'll get "screwed " over is weak at best...

I merely adjusted your incomplete "fact" to a nonpartisan statement. Your "fact" is not a fact at all; merely your own anecdotal evidence. Facts are uncontested and supported by proof. Indeed, when does anecdotal evidence become a fact?

It is rather interesting how steadfast you adhere to your own negative personal view of the opposite sex without acknowledging the logical counterpoint to their view of yours.

Let's try again...it is fact that the law will in the majority favour women in child custody cases. Want proof? Go and read some case law. It is fact that there are many women out there who will act in a similar way to the female subject in the example that i posted. Want proof? Go and speak to the men currently on the receiving end.

If you don't consider these possibilities as a man then you are at best, very naive.

None of the above is untrue. Assume what you want, read into what you want. It doesn't matter.

And why do you continue to bring up physics? That does nothing for your argument.....
:cow:

1. Because you should stick to what you're good at.
2. Once again, i haven't presented any argument.
3. Stop wasting your time (and mine, because due to my own weakness i always feel the urge to reply to stupid comments).

Cheers.

Let's try again...it is fact that the law will in the majority favour women in child custody cases. Want proof? Go and read some case law. It is fact that there are many women out there who will act in a similar way to the female subject in the example that i posted. Want proof? Go and speak to the men currently on the receiving end.

If you don't consider these possibilities as a man then you are at best, very naive.

None of the above is untrue. Assume what you want, read into what you want. It doesn't matter.

3. Stop wasting your time (and mine, because due to my own weakness i always feel the urge to reply to stupid comments).

Cheers.

The fact is women and their children SHOULD BE protected by law in child custody cases - BUT THEY AREN'T. You are proliferating a myth. While it *might have been true* in the past, that certainly is no longer the case nor has it been for a very long time. You just don't hear about it because of the stigma of shame.

... just sayin is all.

On another point while I can totally understand a woman and man's decision to NOT become a parent I don't see how deciding to own one pet or a thousand pets have anything to do with that. A child and a puppy, bird, fish, chimpanzee are NOT interchangeable, though the way the law treats children in the United States one would think they ARE.

Let's try again...it is fact that the law will in the majority favour women in child custody cases. Want proof?

You are now changing the facts you previously stated. Your fact, as you stated, was "A lot of screwed up women in this world with no morals" being "common sense". Now you want to argue legal statutes meant to protect the child, egocentrically whining about having to help support your very progeny. Was it your intent to make your straw man arguments so obvious?

Excellent logic. Impeccable reasoning. Indeed, this the most dispositive proof yet. I'll see your "it doesn't matter" and raise you a "whatever".

Cheers.

Unresponsive.

It would appear that you are no longer able to defend your claims without changing your suppositions, resorting to logical fallacies, and continually digressing to some fixation you have with physics. (I would be more than happy to address the latter in a different thread.)

:cow:

Cheers.

Oh, have you had experience working in family law?
Have you read case law pertaining to family law?
No?
You just heard that your friend had this bitch that did this thing?
Ok, cool.
Let's talk about law.
No, because dudes seem to be so clueless about where babies come from, let's start from the beginning

Dude impregnates chick:
There are numerous options here
Either he wore a condom or he didnt, either she was on hormonal bc, or she wasnt - or maybe their form or birth control fails

Abortion - you lucked out this time, get a fuckin vasectomy
No abortion - sucks for you, time to decide what to do with this kid

AWESOME - pregnancy

More options here
The dude might recognize his part in the creation of this being, or he might choose to ignore it
Maybe he changes his lifestyle to accommodate his kid, or maybe he just pretends it is never coming

And here comes the birth
Dude is not there, kid is born without a father who gives a shit (and a family name) awesome!
Dude meets the kid and loves it and decides to be a dad.
Dude meets the kid and freaks out and decides to run.

It is impossible to say which dude would pick which option.
I gotta say, that it would surely suck to get impregnated by a dude who refused to return my calls - sure glad there are laws out there to help me and the kid get some money from the dad to raise the damn thing

I wonder something about dudes bitching about paying child support. Would they rather have full custody of the kid? Would they rather give up every waking moment of the next 18 years to keep this thing alive? Are they willing to give up their work hours, their friends, their pastimes? Are they willing to raise their child on their own. Some are. Most aren't. Grown the fuck up and take responsibility for what your dick emits.

I bet the original poster just LOVES the book atlas shrugged. This whole thing reeks of objectivism.

It's fine to not want kids...I wasn't sure I did, even after i oopsed and got pregnant. But at least have the balls to admit that it's not because of some selfless wish to "not bring a kid into this fucked up world" and is, in fact, because you are to selfish to make the sacrifices that come with having children. You said it all when you said you were meant to do more than reproduce etc etc - meaning children would hold you back. That's cool. My aunt never wanted children because her career was her baby - and she's 60 and perfectly happy with her choice to this day. I don't think less of her for it. I had a good good friend in college who outright admitted she was too selfish to be a mother. Again, I respected that choice.

But dude....be honest. lol. Really.

WTF do you want to get a dog for?! That's actually almost as much hassel as a kid in some ways. Least kids are potty trained after about 2 years or so and it's a helluva lot easier to take them on vacation.

Not to mention the fact that every single solitary time I've seen couples try this compromise (and I have seen it more than once) the wife ends up preggers within a year or so anyway and the dog ends up in a shelter, without fail.

This is the unfortunate truth.

Though my grandfather, when seeing people with an unruly jackass kid, used to shake his head and say "Before people have children, they should first try and see if they can at least raise a good dog. If they do a good job of that, THEN they should think about having a child."

Which pretty much backs up your original comments on the dog...it's not easy to do well either.

I see what you are saying CHitman but honestly, do you REALLY believe that anyone's commitment to a dog is the same as a parent's commitment to a child?

Look, I respect the decision of MANY adults who are in committed relationships to NOT have children of their own. I don't think less of them AT ALL and for anyone to do so, I feel, is presumptuous to the nth degree. I feel that it is BEYOND UNselfish for an adult couple to realize that they do NOT WANT to commit to a child of their own. That being said, I don't feel that this means I think that those who WANT to have child of their own are selfish....

OK, maybe I do.

I can only base this opinion on personal experience.

Before I had any children I thought my drive to have children (I wanted MANY) was because I had so much to give. Once I was fortunate enough to have children of my own I realize that the fact that the universe allowed me to have these children (I had to take fertility drugs to have my girls) had nothing about what I had to give to them, but EVERYTHING about what these children would give to me. In my estimation this is selfishness of the highest level. Interesting how I thought I got myself into a situation (parenting) because I had so much to give, only to realize that it was ME who was the one to recieve the most amount of *gift*.

.... but because I have been stripped of my ability to mother my children I have found myself in the position of trying to *mother* nearly everyone I come in contact with.

Would my desire to mother *the world* have been curbed had the natural state of my family been allowed to play out? Will my girls be able to go out into the world wanting to pass that ability/desire be multiplied as they go out into the world with or without my mothering?

That all remains to be seen and ultimately matters not to the topic at hand....

I still would like SOMEONE to explain to me how a pet will quell or somehow alleviate a woman's desire to mother. I have several pets (at my husband's urging) and if they all died tommorrow...... so? I want someone to explain to me how a puppy or fish or chimpanzee would somehow satisfy a woman's desire to become a mother.

I see what you are saying CHitman but honestly, do you REALLY believe that anyone's commitment to a dog is the same as a parent's commitment to a child?

I'm with the Hitman on this one, actually. I didn't actually see that his statement equated a person's committment to their child as being equivalent in any way to that of a dog, but I also suspect you're not an animal person, E (not saying you don't like them, just saying that there are serious animal people -- hello, crazy cat lady with six of them and one perched on her monitor as we speak -- and those who could take furbags or leave them). Some people can love and trust their animals with more depth than they'll ever love another human.

Additionally, pets are responsibilties, and dogs one of the more demanding in terms of overall needs (there's more than one reason I don't own dogs, and this is one of them). Dogs also require consistency in the owner's behavior to be trained properly. The truth is, if you can raise a dog from puppyhood and bring it up to be a well mannered, properly trained animal you've got the mental framework (so to speak) to raise children properly. Children need love, but they also need a parent who understands what it means to parent instead of being buddies.

One piece of parenting advice I used to give is treat very little children the way you'd treat a puppy: keep it short, keep it clear, be direct, feed them, clean them, love them, keep them out of danger, don't be mean and scare them and remember that they really have no grasp of time, they live in the now.

Top Bottom