Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skin tightening

Punny_girl

(Hi, I'm new and was searching the forums, but I didn't find a thread that was a match.)

I'm over 40 and a mom of three. I have always been in pretty good shape, and have done light strength training for 14 years.

Problem is, I recently (and by accident) lost 7 pounds -- and my nice, tight skin is now slightly loose on my thighs and hips.

Yikes!

Making it all a little more complicated, I'm a no-dairy vegetarian/pescetarian that eats fish a couple of times a week.

What's the best way to help tighten my skin up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome Punny girl,

I'm not sure I can help, but I can relate. I'm a 39 year old mother of three. My problem is the "pooch" of skin where I had two c-sections. I have a good mid-section, but it is difficult to tell because of this loose skin.

As for your hips, if you could build muscle then you might could fill the skin. Simply put, squat, lunge, and/or deadlift. And go heavier than you've been going.

Rbecca D

To be honest I've been wanting an answer to this myself.
I've always had the understanding that you can drop water content and your skin should tighten up coorespondingly. Horsetail I believe is one thing that is a mild diuretic that can tighten skin.

I'll look further because I have a similar problem and this one does seem ener specific, probably just a bit harder fr girls

Rebecca D said:
Welcome Punny girl,

I'm not sure I can help, but I can relate. I'm a 39 year old mother of three. My problem is the "pooch" of skin where I had two c-sections. I have a good mid-section, but it is difficult to tell because of this loose skin.

As for your hips, if you could build muscle then you might could fill the skin. Simply put, squat, lunge, and/or deadlift. And go heavier than you've been going.

Rbecca D

+1

A couple of other things

- the skin takes longer to 'snap back'

- the skin 'snapping back' has a lot to do with genetics and age

-collagen supps, MSM and glucosamine might help

-this may only be temporary, but some swear by either

A. Preparation H on the loose skin (even better on a tanning bed)

B. Cling film wraps of coffee grounds and/or preparation H

Rebecca D said:

Rbecca D

Definitely the best plan

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but as a woman who has passed the age of 40, I have noticed a marked decrease in the suppleness of my skin all over my body... :(

You could try supplementing as I am thinking it couldn't hurt. But I am thinkin more along the lines of either accept it or go seek a good cosmetic surgeon.

Just being straight up honest here.

My body hasn't changed all that much in the last 3 years, insofar as mass and/or weight but I have noticed areas of my skin (underneath my chin most noticeably to me) are looser....

Sucks getting old I tell ya!

Rebecca D said:
Welcome Punny girl,

Rbecca D

+1

Well Girlfriend,
I'm hitting .... gulp 40 this year damm if I know how the hell that happened! But, genetics play alot into this situation... BUT so does your diet especially your hydration... getting good solid cardio helps with circulation, skin does take time to 'snap back' ... be patient and make heathly choices on a daily basis. My apologies for not having a miracle answer, if I find one I'll post it in bold capital letters! LOL keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. K? I love private messages, lets me get to know peeps better. :)
Amie
Punny_girl said:
(Hi, I'm new and was searching the forums, but I didn't find a thread that was a match.)

I'm over 40 and a mom of three. I have always been in pretty good shape, and have done light strength training for 14 years.

Problem is, I recently (and by accident) lost 7 pounds -- and my nice, tight skin is now slightly loose on my thighs and hips.

Yikes!

Making it all a little more complicated, I'm a no-dairy vegetarian/pescetarian that eats fish a couple of times a week.

What's the best way to help tighten my skin up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Top Bottom