Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sick @$$holes at work

musclemom said:
Think dollars and cents, dear, seriously. I don't remember where I read it but if you're self employed your time is virtually worth TWICE what it would be if you were salaried. And it's been my observation that a person generally works twice as hard when their self employed.

If they can't work with you within your time limitations then either tack on what one of my old bosses used to call "the 1% asshole factor," or start charging them net 30 or something like that. People just shit on you if you're nice to them in business, seriously. Don't let them take advantage of you, they'll just keep pushing the line further and further. No client is worth ulcers.

You're right. My parents taught me "be honest, work hard, do the right thing" they didn't know what they hell they were talking about. :rolleyes:

I changed my contract this year because of two hellish clients I had this and last year.

dirty~d~ said:
Since I work contract I don't get the luxury of sick days and most people at my current contract know this... including the one jaggoff who is about the rudest person in the office. The problem is people give him excuses cause he's not from this country... half of their employees aren't from this country SO WHAT? He also thinks it's ok to try to touch ~D~'s biceps all of the time. That's a quick way to lose body parts.

That's fairly serious and not that I think people should scream sexual harrassment at every little thing that does fall under it. I used to teach ice skating and the manager thought it was his right to grab my ass and thighs anytime I was near him.

Last week he came in to work coughing and sniffling everywhere (never covers his mouth). I've talked to his boss about it several times and was under the impression that something was going to be done about it. Silly me, what the hell was I thinking??? I've politely asked him countless times NOT to come near me when he's sick. What does he do? Comes in to my office and tries to talk me up about nutrition. AND he's one of those people who asks questions, then tries to argue with me over the answer. So how do you tell someone in PC terms to F&*K OFF? BELIEVE me if I had a new contract tomorrow I'd be more than happy to drop f-bombs on his ass, along with my left knee.

Today, thanks to Jr. Smackass, I sit here at home with a painful dry cough, thinking of ways to get him back. I might start with tacks in his chair and work my way up. :evil:

Venting off: Thanks for listening. Nap time. :heart:

I wish I had a good suggestion for you - but I'm bad at getting people to leave me alone to let me do my work.

dirty~d~ said:
Since I work contract I don't get the luxury of sick days and most people at my current contract know this... including the one jaggoff who is about the rudest person in the office. The problem is people give him excuses cause he's not from this country... half of their employees aren't from this country SO WHAT? He also thinks it's ok to try to touch ~D~'s biceps all of the time. That's a quick way to lose body parts.

Last week he came in to work coughing and sniffling everywhere (never covers his mouth). I've talked to his boss about it several times and was under the impression that something was going to be done about it. Silly me, what the hell was I thinking??? I've politely asked him countless times NOT to come near me when he's sick. What does he do? Comes in to my office and tries to talk me up about nutrition. AND he's one of those people who asks questions, then tries to argue with me over the answer. So how do you tell someone in PC terms to F&*K OFF? BELIEVE me if I had a new contract tomorrow I'd be more than happy to drop f-bombs on his ass, along with my left knee.

Today, thanks to Jr. Smackass, I sit here at home with a painful dry cough, thinking of ways to get him back. I might start with tacks in his chair and work my way up. :evil:

Venting off: Thanks for listening. Nap time. :heart:

Wipe your dog's ass on a kleenex then rub it all over his phone.

velvett said:
You're right. My parents taught me "be honest, work hard, do the right thing" they didn't know what they hell they were talking about. :rolleyes:

I changed my contract this year because of two hellish clients I had this and last year.
I've done it too. There was a doctor whose work I did basically every day of the week for four years. Most ignorant fucker I've ever encountered: talked right through burping, eating all manner of foods, yawning, coughing, sneezing, you name it. Is it such a hardship to pause the dictation while you belch or yawn? And you have NO idea how hard it is to make out what a person is saying under those circumstances. If he couldn't figure out how to pronounce the name of a drug instead of spelling it (like normal people will) he just fucking kept going. I stopped wasting my time trying to decipher his shit. And his favorite habit? Waving the mike around. Mutherfucker practically has the thing up against his mouth half the time the other half it sounds like he's holding it at arms length. Fucks up the audio. He generally causes my job to be more than twice as difficult through his utter lack of consideration. And the thing is, he's been told repeatedly that he's making our job harder than it needs to be and he literally doesn't care.

So I woke up one morning having fantasies about firebombing this fuckers office. I called the office I subcontract for and said I'm done, I can't do his work anymore.

Sometimes you have to wonder what compels people to act like such assholes. I get mildly embarrassed pointing stuff like that out to people as I'm having to highlight to you how much of an arsehole you're being.

Well, it's either doing mild embarrassment or slicing open their stomachs and letting their small intestines tumble out of their bodies in to one large glistening purple heap on their feet out of sheer inexplicable rage at their rudeness.

Stoßtruppe said:
Sometimes you have to wonder what compels people to act like such assholes. I get mildly embarrassed pointing stuff like that out to people as I'm having to highlight to you how much of an arsehole you're being.

Well, it's either doing mild embarrassment or slicing open their stomachs and letting their small intestines tumble out of their bodies in to one large glistening purple heap on their feet out of sheer inexplicable rage at their rudeness.
They either literally don't give a tinker's damn (these are the people who have zero compassion or empathy for their fellow man, who never matured far enough past toddler stage emotionally to realize the universe doesn't revolve around them) or they do it to amuse themselves (only slightly more evolved than the previous people. These people actually do realize that other people have feelings and enjoy fucking with them).

I like your imagery with the intestines, very evocative :qt:

throw a buttend at him next time hes walking past you.

touching the arm is unwanted touching, its harrassment but you dont want to be that person who drops that unless its a biggie. next time he touches you tell him it makes you feel uncomfortable and you would appreciate him stopping. make note of the date and time. if it happens again, talk to hr about it and show the documentation.

as for revenge for the illness. thats easy. get a liquid stink bomb and eye drop a few on his desk. juvenile? yes. but effective.

Top Bottom