Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shredded wheat vs. oatmeal?

flex4life

shred wheat has more fiber, satisfies the crunch desire- label says 'whole wheat grain'- not enriched, no sugars- is oatmeal that much better for leaning up?
appreciate any input

thanks- I guess just a plain 'ole shake will have to do for breakfast.
how to get fiber besides broccoli?
none in meat, eggs, salad...suggestions?
thanx

this would only be true if you subscribe to the keto dieting system... for the rest of us, slowcooking oats and shreaded wheat (not the frosted kind) are both good sources of slow burning complex carbs...

the oatmeal is probably a bit easier to swallow though... you can eat either for variety... add a little protein and some flax seed oil or other efa and you have a good complete meal...

For breakfast I have a couple packets of that Quaker plain instant oatmeal, along with a 22g scoop of prtein mixed in.

Last edited:
you're right about the oats being easier to swallow- shredded wheat is like eating bites of rope...
I'm not on keto diet- still adding oils ok with these carbs in am? what are your results for fat loss- or is this just good maintanance?
thanx

flex4life said:
you're right about the oats being easier to swallow- shredded wheat is like eating bites of rope...
I'm not on keto diet- still adding oils ok with these carbs in am? what are your results for fat loss- or is this just good maintanance?
thanx

Essential Fatty Acids should be a staple of a healthy diet... even one focused on weight loss... you wont get fat from eating these

here's one link i found, do some searches and i'm sure you'll realize their benefits are numerous...

http://www.ephca.com/efa-thf.htm

to loose fat, you should keep your fat around 15% and most, if not all (which is difficult) should come from EFAs

its been said that you have to give your body a little fat to encourage fat loss...

Add some peanut butter to your oatmeal, I am on CKD so i can't have it but i lived on Oatmeal and peanut butter for 2 years every morning. I simply love it...DAMN YOU CKD!! :mix: ....but i am getting cut as a mofo!!:D ..so its worth it!

M56M

fiatconspiracy said:
the problem with the quick cook oatmeal is the glycemic index is very high, use the slow cooked oats instead,

That's not true. Rolled oats have the same GI as steel cut groats.

Top Bottom