Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

should be imposible to gain in ketosis right?

Arti

i am right in thinking if you are producing no insulin - ie in ketosis, then you cannot put on any weight ie: overreating on calories of say fat, would simply be excreted as ketones right?

NO, as long as you are eating enough calories, then you will gain some muscle. This is hard though because of the lowered IGF levels. To say that you will not gain muscle is kind of a long stretch, and frankly, I don't feel like getting into another argument over whether or not it is easier to gain muscle with or without carbs. I'll say why waste your time cutting out carbs to gain muscle when it is sooo much easier to do it with them in your diet, but then somebody will come and post that they gain lots of weight while no carbs are present :rolleyes:
I get tired of arguing this.... Anyway, I see no point in cutting out carbs on a plan made to build muscle, and yes, if calories are high enough, you can build muscle/gain weight. I must add that this means you will have to increase your caloric intake of fats and proteins, which you are already kind of limited to anyway. I think it would suck eating gobs of that shit for gaining muscle. BYE!

MR. BMJ

The secret about ketonic diets is that they are really (like all diets) calorie-reduction plans. YOu will eat less calories, and thus you lose weight. If you over eat on a ketonic diet, you gain weight.

You eat less on a ketonic diet because the fats keep you satisfied. No-fat and very low fats diets let you eat more volumn but with much less satisfaction--that's why most people fail.

actually what i meant was that i am on the diet to lose fat BUT if on the occasional time I were to overeat on the fats side ( not intentionally to gain muscle ) simple because i went over my daily cals then technically I shouldnt gain weight if i am in ketosis and thus not producing insulin and thus not able to store the excess fat right? =) thanks for the input :)

Umm wrong. Your body is far more efficient than you give it credit for. Fat can get stored as fat whenever it's in excess, as can protein or carbs. Insulin can assist fat storage when there are carbs, fats (and to a certain extent protein) present. Fat has other methods of getting stored when insulin is low. Basically the biggest advantage of a keto diet is that your appetite is supressed from all the fat so it is harder to accidentally eat too many calories, and even when you're counting calories you generally feel more satisfied on fewer keto calories. Another way to look at is is to ask yourself "how do traditional Eskimos manage to grow on a mainly ketogenic diet?" Answer is because they get plenty of calories and just enough carbs.

Top Bottom