Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serious Racist question

So are you saying that is or isn't you?

The point of the thread that grew legs and ran off in 3 different directions is

why is it not ok for me to call her out in public in regards to her racially biased questions regarding the # of teachers on staff that were "ethnic"... i don't care what color the teacher is as long as they are the best that that school can find and is a benefit to my child and his classmates.

or am i over reacting and the words she used were simply words that I've been overly sensitized to as being racially charged?

The point of the thread that grew legs and ran off in 3 different directions is

why is it not ok for me to call her out in public in regards to her racially biased questions regarding the # of teachers on staff that were "ethnic"... i don't care what color the teacher is as long as they are the best that that school can find and is a benefit to my child and his classmates.

or am i over reacting and the words she used were simply words that I've been overly sensitized to as being racially charged?

Did you call her out in public and someone said it wasn't okay? What did you say?

The problem with that statement is the best my not be an option for the school. As there is that 10yr clause.

don't know the 10yr clause.. but you all have given me pause to think..

and thus was the reason for the thread question, perhaps allowing for people with differing opinions and education or lack there of to still get the information that they seek although it may not be important to me, it is important to them...

But had i asked the same question... "How many white teachers are on staff because my child is white and only a white can teach my child what i want them to learn" (which is what her question implied) I would have been spoken to in a most unpleasing manner, and even that would have been socially tolerated..

But had i asked the same question... "How many white teachers are on staff because my child is white and only a white can teach my child what i want them to learn" (which is what her question implied) I would have been spoken to in a most unpleasing manner, and even that would have been socially tolerated..

That's not necessarily what her question implied its what you want to believe.

Now, did you call her out in public?

Did you call her out in public and someone said it wasn't okay? What did you say?

No i did not, but you could tell the change in the principal's voice when he answered her..

So in the end I over reacted to her question, if I choose to be sensitive to my language and the needs/wants of others around me, why would i ever possible expect the same in return??

So i'm another yr older and yet just a little more pessimistic in my attitude towards and expectations of the human race as a whole...

No i did not, but you could tell the change in the principal's voice when he answered her..

So in the end I over reacted to her question, if I choose to be sensitive to my language and the needs/wants of others around me, why would i ever possible expect the same in return??

So i'm another yr older and yet just a little more pessimistic in my attitude towards and expectations of the human race as a whole...

I don't see how you overreacted. You didn't really react at all. You seem irritated at having to tolerate what seemed to you to be rude behavior. It seems honest to me, what are you supposed to do, pretend you're not irritated? I wasn't there, but if the principal got defensive then it probably was an awkward question. I don't know I wasn't there to hear the tone of voice, body language, etc.

Top Bottom