Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serious Racist question

SpyWizard

Elite Mentor
EF VIP
Ok, we joke a lot, but i'm hoping (maybe impossible) for serious opinions because it seems i'm over reacting.. maybe..

Here is the situation, group of parents, at intro to the school kind of thing for kinder garden ...

Woman asks the principle, how many of your teachers are ethnic...

My thought is her question was extremely racist...??

what do you think she meant/why do you think she was asking? I have no idea the context of her question. It's not something I would ask...how are you reacting (or overreacting) to the question?

Depends is school rural or inner city? No actually its totally racist and out of line. They are obviously implying that those ethnic values will be harmful to there child.

LOL yeah.
I can't think of any legitimate reason to ask that. And even if there was a legitimate reason, you'd have to be stupid to ask it in a group like that. And racists are stupid, hence, yes, she is a racist.

WTF does "ethnic" mean anyway? Non-white or non christian?

"How many teachers aren't white christians?"

How does that sound?

I'll add more information..

It was a group of parents visiting a k-5 school, Stem school (science, technology, engineering, math) it's a charter school.. the woman was black and we were being addressed by the principle.

LOL yeah context helps.

So she's asking about the diversity of the staff. Still a stupid question, and yeah I still think she's probably a racist, or overly concerned about race.

Nah, not racist. I ask that all the time. I took my kid to toys r us for a monster truck and i asked the cashier how many employees were ethnic.

Nah, not racist. I ask that all the time. I took my kid to toys r us for a monster truck and i asked the cashier how many employees were ethnic.

You should have asked how many of the chinese that made the truck were ethnic.

Top Bottom