Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

School stabbing in Japan

Why can't you run from a knife attack? I've seen it done before. This is crazy, a mothor fucker with an uzi will fuck up more people much quicker than a motherfucker with a knife. Guns hold multiple rounds of ammo. You can kill 10 people within 20 seconds with a gun. Try that with a knife that takes multiple stab wounds to kill. You can cover your vital areas with your arms as well. How many people die from a single stab wound? That would be pretty rare but people die from single gun shot wounds frequently.

PEOPLE WHO OWN GUNS ARE BAD. THEY ARE JUST LIKE THOSE IDIOTS WHO USE STEROIDS!!! BAD PEOPLE.

NOW IF YOU WILL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE TO GO CLEAN MY GLOCK .40 AND THEN LOAD MY SYRINGES FOR LATER.

BAD PEOPLE MAN, BAD PEOPLE!!!

MP5---YOU NEED TO BE SHOT BRO, YOU OWN GUNS!!! DAMN YOU FOR OWNING A GUN!!!

Its easy china just needs a five day waiting period for kitchen knives. That would solve that problem.. :cool:

Mitchellm wrote In Japan, there were 17 gun related deaths last year, while there were 16,000 in the U.S. In America an average of 100 people die every day from gun related causes. ***

Mitchellm, I really doubt those numbers are true for both the US and Japan. Can you show just one proof of those numbers? Just One!!

ryker77 said:
Its easy china just needs a five day waiting period for kitchen knives. That would solve that problem.. :cool:

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

chesty said:

RyanH, knife attacks happne everyday in school, it is just not reported as often because they are not seen as inherently evil and people in general do not understand the potential of the knife.

Also, I asked to keep the emotional comments out. It is not the bang bang of the gun that kills. It is the person wielding the weapon.

Chesty, you are the one of the few conservatives on this board that I often can find some common ground with. (very unusual however). In this instance, I do agree that the issue is deeper than guns.....there's also a moral erosion responsible for much of the violence we see---as you said the person certainly bares most of the blame. But, what do we do in the meantime, while waiting to fix societal ills? Do we require tougher regulations on gun use or do we just sit idlely by and watch this nation become even more violent?

I also agree with you in that guns are not the only threat----knives and other weapons can be just as threatening. You know this more than any of us, with your law enforcement experience. My main premise is that, of course, we should be allowed to have guns to protect ourselves. But as Wfabrizio pointed out------getting one should not be easy. We have to find a balance between letting responsible gun owners have their guns for sport and safety, and between keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and children.

The only way to accomplish this is through more regulation. We cannot be laissez faire on this issue.

And, I've attempted to keep emotion out of my argument, per your request.:)

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO COME TO NEW ORLEANS CITY. THIS SHIT HAPPENS EVERYDAY IN SCHOOLS.

As for the knife attacks, you do not know much. While a gun yes has the potential to kill more faster, I can kill you with one stab. My supervisor on the dept. was killed with a single knife would to the neck. If I have a knife and you run from me I will kill you period. I have proven this over and over again. In fact, you give your mailing address and I will make you a copy of surviving edged weapons and mail it to you. Once I get my video capture card I will post a few scenes.

As for the numbers they musstcome from HCI. Average of 16,000 gun related deths a year and then the average of 100 gun related deaths a day. The numbers do not work out. average of 100 a day is equal to 36,500 deaths a year. More than twice the number stated for the per year statistic.

Also, let's look at the per capita rate based on your numbers. (worst case) There are approximately 300 million Americans, therefore, 36,500/300,000,000 = 0.012% of Americans is killed by guns each year (36,500) Now, I am not detracting from the magnitude of anyone dying, but the numbers as you print do not lie. While 36,500 seems like a lot by itself when compared to the fact that it is derived from a body of more than 300 million it is no longer so large. We do not have a major problem with gun related deaths. In fact, accidental deaths by doctors is much higher than this and we license them to "practice" medicine.

yeah, but you are trained to use the knife and kill with it. some kid with it is less likely to be trained with it and therefore does less damage.
whereas a retarded monkey could shoot you from point blank range and kill you

More regulation. We have 20,000 plus gun laws on the books already. Don't you think that is enough regulation. l It is freaking hard as hell to buy a gun today. I can get it the same day, but Imust have a background check, that automatically enters me into NCIC for six months. Which means I could be erronously arrested because my description matched that of someone else. Yes, I do agree with you on the moral decay, but licensing and regulating the law abiding citizen is not the way.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. In a fight at close range I would prefer a Derringer over a knife. I used to have a .38 Derringer and with some practice got pretty accurate with it from about 15 feet.

Top Bottom