Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roxy's 8 weeks to normal log :)

Hi roxy! Trick or Treat! I hope you feel better soon! Strength will come back fast! Train smart.

I've been reading up on the MAX OT and I'm liking it so far. A lot of reading. lol I'm on fence between this training and DC training.

Hi roxy! Trick or Treat! I hope you feel better soon! Strength will come back fast! Train smart.

I've been reading up on the MAX OT and I'm liking it so far. A lot of reading. lol I'm on fence between this training and DC training.

Thanks!

I'll have to read up on DC training as well. I'm interested in seeing it. I like the Max OT because keeping the reps short and allows me to lift more but there's a few things I'm not liking as much. The 5 warms up sets seem to take forever, especially the last 2 where you are doing 3 reps and then 1 rep with 2 mins rest in between. If you are training more then one body part per workout, then it's more then one warm up and it feels tedious. The 2 min rest flies by when the weight is heavy because you need the rest but drags during the warm up.

I think the other feedback is that the exercises change every week for the 12 weeks. I think that is part of the program but it doesn't allow you to get into any kind of groove so to speak.

Otherwise, overall I have enjoyed doing something different.

November 1

Trained legs on Monday. (I'm a little behind at logging..been playing catch up at work)

5 warm up sets

incline leg press

180 - 6
180 - 6
200 - 6
220 - 6
220 - 6

Squats

140 - 6
140 - 5

Leg Curls

100 - 8
120 - 6
130 - 6

Donkee Calf Raises

400 - 10 - 3 sets

I felt pretty good yesterday but today I'm walking like I rode a horse for a week! LOL

Tuesday was a rest day! aka my turn to car pool for soccer practice so spent the night driving 14 year old boys around. More tiring then a good workout!

November 1

Trained legs on Monday. (I'm a little behind at logging..been playing catch up at work)

5 warm up sets

incline leg press

180 - 6
180 - 6
200 - 6
220 - 6
220 - 6

Squats

140 - 6
140 - 5

Leg Curls

100 - 8
120 - 6
130 - 6

Donkee Calf Raises

400 - 10 - 3 sets

I felt pretty good yesterday but today I'm walking like I rode a horse for a week! LOL

Tuesday was a rest day! aka my turn to car pool for soccer practice so spent the night driving 14 year old boys around. More tiring then a good workout!

hahahaha i know what you mean cowboy

Thanks!

I'll have to read up on DC training as well. I'm interested in seeing it. I like the Max OT because keeping the reps short and allows me to lift more but there's a few things I'm not liking as much. The 5 warms up sets seem to take forever, especially the last 2 where you are doing 3 reps and then 1 rep with 2 mins rest in between. If you are training more then one body part per workout, then it's more then one warm up and it feels tedious. The 2 min rest flies by when the weight is heavy because you need the rest but drags during the warm up.

I think the other feedback is that the exercises change every week for the 12 weeks. I think that is part of the program but it doesn't allow you to get into any kind of groove so to speak.

Otherwise, overall I have enjoyed doing something different.

Oh ok. I haven't read it's entirety. It's super long! lol I dunno if I will like that too about the exercises changing weekly. I like to track my progress by beating my log book. I'll keep reading and decide.

And yes, change is good!

Oh ok. I haven't read it's entirety. It's super long! lol I dunno if I will like that too about the exercises changing weekly. I like to track my progress by beating my log book. I'll keep reading and decide.

And yes, change is good!

Me too...it's nice to be able to see where you are progressing. I have hit reading week 5 and it's turning into a supplement sales pitch so....I think I'm nearing the end of my Max OT reading! LOL I'll only be buying from the guys here! The sections at the end have some sample workouts so I may just stick to what I've been doing and keep doing it for a few more weeks and then re-evaluate.

Island girl...what does DC stand for?? I need to read up on that!

Trained back tonight...Thursday.

Did my usual warm up sets then..

Seated rows
110-6
120-6
130-6

Wide grip lat pulldown
110-6
120-5
120-5

Assisted pull ups/ widegrip

10-6
100-5
100-5

Hyperextensions

35 lb plate - 10, 8, 6

Did a bit of cardio after on the eliptical.

Felt pretty good tonight...my strength is coming back for sure.

Well ladies....just wanted to give you an update. I'm going to cut my 8 week time frame a little bit short and only continue with the Max OT for one more week. I'll be starting something new next weekend.

I've thought a lot about my goals and my long term goal is to compete again but....I really am going to just focus on getting conditioned and lowering body fat, while maintaining sanity. If that takes the next year to do and I don't compete again for awhile, then that's ok. I hate where I have ended up and although this year has been a learning experience in so many ways, it's disappointing to be essentially back where I started.

This last few weeks have been great though. It's allowed me to rest, eat, and find a few new records in the gym. So...I'll either keep going on this log or start a new one...we'll see...in the meantime, one more week of max ot!

Thanks for all the support everyone!! This has become a good outlet for me. :)

Top Bottom