Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rippetoe journal, new to this, please comment and advice.

this guy rocks. btw, i think a pendlay row involves a complete deload at the bottom of the movement. in other words, the bar is rested completely on the ground before you start bringing it up to your body. what you're doing is a regular barbell row...which is fine. keep that up. i agree that your form (based on the videos you posted back in february) is good, but your movement seemed a little fast on the rows.

GHR = glute ham raise. triex = tricep extensions of some sort. you've probably figured this stuff out by now. good luck.

to tel u the truth, i still havnt.. LOL!! thnx. from the site i got the rippetoe programme, and according to my brother, i was doing the pendley rows, but now that u said its a regular row, does it make any diff? hmm.. slightly too fast? well it was kinda light.. =/ i'll take note, thnx bro.

anyways, here's ..:: DAY 13 ::..

~ Squats ~
bar x 10
85 x 1 x 5
95 x 1 x 5
115 x 1 x 5
145 x 3 x 5

~ Bench Press ~

bar x 10
55 x 1 x 5
65 x 1 x 5
75 x 1 x 5
85 x 1 x 5
95 x 1 x 5
105 x 3 x 5

*i like to think that by working my way up i'm gaining more. LOL! but i maintained the weight i was benching 2 weeks ago*

~ DeadLifts ~

bar x 10
55 x 1 x 5
65 x 1 x 5
75 x 1 x 5
85 x 1 x 5
95 x 3 x 5

* i thought i'd drop a lil from my previous work out which was 2 weeks ago, plus the increasing squats. any how, its said that my DL would bound to top all my other work outs.. so i'm not really worried about it.

~ declined Sit ups ~

2 x 20

btw, i got heavier by 2 kg!!! :)

jackangel said:
this guy rocks. btw, i think a pendlay row involves a complete deload at the bottom of the movement. in other words, the bar is rested completely on the ground before you start bringing it up to your body. what you're doing is a regular barbell row...which is fine. keep that up. i agree that your form (based on the videos you posted back in february) is good, but your movement seemed a little fast on the rows.

GHR = glute ham raise. triex = tricep extensions of some sort. you've probably figured this stuff out by now. good luck.

The pendlay row is meant to be a explosive lift where bar speed is increased as you lift from the floor. On the way up you pull as hard as possible to get the weight up as "fast" as possible. As the weight increases he won't be able to bring the bar up as fast, but he will still try.

The row is supposed to be deloaded on the floor each rep you are right. But without training plates it is hard until you are able to add a 45 on each side as the 45's bring the bar to the proper height. With the smaller weights on there he would have to change his form just to pull from the floor, and that's not a good idea.

lanny, keep doing them the way you are, when the weight allows you to use large enough plated that you are able to comletly deload on the floor do it. Until then keep doing what you are ding unless you can find something to delaod the bar on that will bring the bar to the proper height. I used to use a pile of plates on either side, but that was a pain in the ass.

i hear u bro.. but where i'm squating, there is actually this "cage" where at both sides there is this 2 adjustable bar that i can rest the barbell on. so my brother gave me the idea to fix the height up to sensible height and do my squats and rows there. the prob is, wat is the sensible height? 45 lbs plate height or..?

lanny said:
i hear u bro.. but where i'm squating, there is actually this "cage" where at both sides there is this 2 adjustable bar that i can rest the barbell on. so my brother gave me the idea to fix the height up to sensible height and do my squats and rows there. the prob is, wat is the sensible height? 45 lbs plate height or..?

The propr height of the bar for all lifts from the floor is where the bar is when you have 45's on the end.

most squat racks/ cages I've seen don't have a bottom hole low enough to equal the same height of the bar with the 45's at the end, it is usually too high. Just be sure that you're not resting the bar too high or you won't have full range of motion.

hmm.. well... i'm not sure... it has these holes in it and there's this bar to connect between. i'll head on there friday n check it out. good working out again. grown heavier!! :)

so i skipped 1 work out..=/ ish!

anyways.. i'm back in today.

..:: DAY 14 ::..

~ Squats ~

bar x 10
95 x 1 x 5
125 x 1 x 5
145 x 2 x 5
150 x 1 x 5

suddenly on my last set, i rmbr'd i did 145 the last time. so i thought i'd try 150. but i would get out of form while trying to lift from squat position on the 4th rep. as in my butt would come up first before my upper body would. hmm..=/

~ Over Head Press ~

bar x 10
55 x 1 x 5
65 x 1 x 5
70 x 1 x 5

doing good.

~ Pendley Rows ~

bar x 10
65 x 1 x 5
75 x 1 x 5
85 x 1 x 5
95 x 1 x 5
115 x 3 x 5

due to the comments being given above, i took a pic on the elevated area, its slightly higher than the 45lbs plate by an inch. tats fine eh?

i've also include a vid of me doing the 115. don't laugh. :)

heres the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-FGABP-aaA

check it out!

The pic don't work for us non plat members. Host it at photobucket.com for free and post the link.

For your rows you look to be more of a 45deg angle instead of parrallel to the ground.

djeclipse said:
The pic don't work for us non plat members. Host it at photobucket.com for free and post the link.

For your rows you look to be more of a 45deg angle instead of parrallel to the ground.

What he said. Still I didn't notice any real problems with your form. Most important thing is to keep you back straight throughout the whole range of motion and you did that.

All your other lifts seem to be decent. If your going to make another video I'd like to see your squatting form as it seems like they are pretty strong in comparison with your other lifts. Are you going ATG on Squats?

Top Bottom