Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Refined Diet

Legion Kreinak

Breakfast
-------------
Total Cereal
Milk
Orange Juice

Boost
-------
Protein Shake (3 hours or so later)

Lunch
--------
Tuna Sandwich
or
Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sandwich from Subway. It's healthy, look: 370 calories, 5 grams of fat, 26g protein, 59g carbs

Training

Post-Training
----------------
Protein Shake

Dinner
--------
Tuna/Chicken Teriyaki sandwich again/Chicken Breast with Brown Lipton Rice/Steak with rice and veggies

I think this basically gives me everything I need. I still doubt that having OJ and Milk is bad. Sure, sodium from milk can retain water and give you that extra layer on you, but it's needed. You need milk. However, if against it you could always take TUMs, they give as much as an 8oz glass of milk.

Fructose won't build so fast from one or two glasses of OJ, and one glass is all you need for your daily Vitamin C, so it's fine.

The other stuff seems fine to me. Watcha think?

wanna hear mine?

2 times a day(once before workout, once after, or on non workout days, the first 2 meals of the day): 4 egg whites, 2 slices of ham, 1 slice of cheese, 2 english muffins (yes a home made egg mc muffin, 2 of them, half slice of cheese on each, 1 slice of ham on each, 2 whites per muffin) and a scoop of protein in water.

3 other times a day: 50 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fat per meal, in whatever form I can find.

Lots o water

pretty simple huh?

thats 1700 cals. I weigh 185 or so. Shooting for 10 times estimated LEAN muscle mass for calories.

How many carbs are ya' supposed to get daily? Because I hear they can turn into fat (which I do know) if you don't burn them all off, but they're also the most useful source of energy...

ANY macronutrient will turn into fat if you overconsume it and don't excercise it off.

Carb intake should match activity. Endurance work (ie, cardio below the lactate threshhold) doesn't require much glycogen, and you can maintain a pretty steady pace running on FFA's alone. Whereas if you're doing a lot of heavy lifting, you're going to need more carbs - anything under 100 grams per day, and your body will produce ketones. I'd recommend no less than 150 on heavy lifting days, preferably in the early part of the day, and/or around workouts. On days off lifting, eat slightly less, and adjust as needed.

If you're truly concerned about carb intake, you might want to try a TKD - Targeted Ketogenic Diet. You basically don't eat any carbs all day, except a small amount pre-workout (25g), and a larger amount post-workout (~75g) to replenish intramuscular glycogen stores. Dextrose is the carbohydrate of choice here.

I want to stress that part of the fun of this lifestyle (IMHO) is getting to know your body, and what works for you. Before I started reading labels like a hawk, and keeping a diet and workout journal, I never paid attention to what effect certain foods had on me, or how I'd be stronger or weaker in a lift because of my diet. Even small changes cause my strength to fluctuate. Now I do keep a journal, and I'm learning about myself mentally through a purely physical avenue - ass-backwards, but it works.

What are your goals and stats?

Well, not even judging the diet overall, but you said it has everything you need. Wrong, no essential fatty acids. You should use fish oils or flaxseed oil as you need omega-3's in your diet for health, survival, brain functioning, hormone production and cell structure, fat loss as well as mass gains, etc etc. This is one of the necessary parts of everyones diet.

Also, everyone needs milk. LOL, not exactly. People have been around a VERY long time before domesticating cows and drinking their milk. And considering a majority of our population is lactose intolerant, there is a reason since we loose the enzymes neccesary to breakdown lactose since we don't go on needing milk. And the fact that humans are the only animals that drink milk from another animal (imagine seeing a dog sucking on a cows nipple for milk). Anyway, not knocking milk here but its not necessary by any means.

What were u talking about regarding fructose.

PwB said:
What are your goals and stats?

Well, not even judging the diet overall, but you said it has everything you need. Wrong, no essential fatty acids. You should use fish oils or flaxseed oil as you need omega-3's in your diet for health, survival, brain functioning, hormone production and cell structure, fat loss as well as mass gains, etc etc. This is one of the necessary parts of everyones diet.

Also, everyone needs milk. LOL, not exactly. People have been around a VERY long time before domesticating cows and drinking their milk. And considering a majority of our population is lactose intolerant, there is a reason since we loose the enzymes neccesary to breakdown lactose since we don't go on needing milk. And the fact that humans are the only animals that drink milk from another animal (imagine seeing a dog sucking on a cows nipple for milk). Anyway, not knocking milk here but its not necessary by any means.

What were u talking about regarding fructose.

actually ants farm and milk aphids :)

Top Bottom