Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recomendations for coming off a keto diet...

Stolz61

If anyone has experience or advice in general about the best way to come off a keto diet (in my case bodyopus) I would appreciate it. I had great success with this, going from 191lbs/16%bf to 183lbs/ 9% in 9 weeks. I would really like to hold my condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Stolz, I don't have an answer for that question, but i'm about to start bodyopus this weekend, and was wondering what kind of cals you were eating. I'm at about 190 lbs right now, with about 14% bodyfat. Also, what kinds of foods did you eat? My diet i have worked out is pretty bland!

I ate around 2000 cals/ day mon-fri....give or take a hundred. I didnt find it bland at all because I really like fatty foods. Heres some sample meals:

Breakfast:
- 4 whole eggs, cheese, sometimes bacon or sausage

Lunch(fast food for me b/c im in school)
- Wendys- 2 Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers or Double Classic, w/o bun of course.
- BK- Bacon Double Cheeseburger
- etc...

Post Workout & Before Bed
2-3 scoops EAS Simply Whey protien/ with 1T Udos(Flax)

Dinner
- Any type of meat or fish you feel like
Sausages, burgers, salmon, canned tuna w/ whole mayo, etc
- Lettuce w/ olive oil and vinegar

Snacks...cheese, sausage, hardboiled eggs, natural peanut butter...good shit in my mind

On the weekend I started off with a Twinlab Ultra Fuel + whey (friday post workout), then every 2 hours or so I had a small carb meal...i took power or cliff bars w/ me when i was out friday nites. Basicly the carb meals were any type of good non-sugary carb, with decent protien and low fat till sat nite...didnt count cals on fri nite- sat...but didnt go nuts w/ food. Also i loaded on creatine every saturday to take advantage of the insulin spikes.

Overall it worked awesome... though I had to take some GAS-X on saturdays b/c all the carbs gave me some wicked gas. Good luck bro...post any more questions u got.

Last edited:
Anyone have an answer to my original question?....I see all these posts about keto diets so obviously everyone had to come off one at some time....Ive seen others bloat like crazy when resuming normal eating and would really like to avoid that.

Go Low Fat, that's just what I've read in my Dr. Atkins
book...that if you go off the diet at some point...do low
fat, low GI carbs, lean protein. I guess a reg. bodybuilder's diet.
Flax oils a good fat try to use some.

This is what I do, in fact, I just finished a short 3 week CKD this last weekend (this is what works for me):

1.) At the end of the diet, do your carb-up as planned. BUT, only do a 12-24 hour carb-up. This will help take advantage of the hormones from the whole body workout. You might as well take advantage of it while it is there.

2.) The following week (WEEK 1), follow an isocaloric type diet, with the same caloric intake as your CKD intake (in the case of BodyOpus this would be your total calorie intake from Monday-Friday). This should still be a hypocaloric diet, but carb are introduced obviously.

3.) WEEK 2: Raise your intake levels to maintenance levels following the same scheme.

4.) WEEK 3: Judge it from here. Obviously you will want to decide whether or not you want to go on a hypo or hypercaloric diet. Obviously on a hypercaloric diet you will gain some fat and water, but this should be expected.

If you want to just eat maintenance, just add or subtract your macronutrient percentages to what you want.

Try to eliminate most of your high GI and high carb meals late at night. Replace these with more vegetable type choices. You do not have to totally eliminte carbs at night, but just be smart about it. Try to consume most of your carbs after your workouts and in the mornings. Higher GI's should be eaten in the morning. Harder digesting proteins could be eaten at night, and so should most of their calories. After a workout, consume your most caloriated meal of the day (high GI obviously). Continue drinking lots of water evenly throughout the day. Don't expect to look like your diet preparation standards. Anytime you go from a hypo to a hypercaloric diet, you will gain both fat and water to some degree or another no matter what the diet is that you were previously following.

MR. BMJ

When resuming normal eating after a ketogenic diet, it's important to introduce carbohydrates slowly. It serves two purposes:

1. Keeps insulin levels stabilized. Thus it affords you the ability to still burn bodyfat while at the same time, increasing carbs.
2. Most importantly, it keeps you from absorbing water like a sponge

Actually I'm more interested in whether or not they count it in the Calorie totals or not, Since that relates to whether they count it as a carb or not. It doesn't make sense that they would but at the same time I think they might be.

Top Bottom