Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to Deadlifters: Anyone ever take a year off deadlifts?

w8lifterchick hit on exacty what I was going after. Training for that long on something as insignificant as a granola bar is not a wise thing, IMO.

Does that mean your training's not working for you, or that you're not setting PR's? Nah...do what works.

However, I'd never advocate a 6-8 hour workout of any sort for anyone, particularly powerlifting.

As a minor aside...most strength routines I've seen advocate a lower rep/higher weight scheme. Again, not to say that your training doesn't work for you, but it's not something I'd recommend for anyone else.

TheProject said:
w8lifterchick hit on exacty what I was going after. Training for that long on something as insignificant as a granola bar is not a wise thing, IMO.

Does that mean your training's not working for you, or that you're not setting PR's? Nah...do what works.

However, I'd never advocate a 6-8 hour workout of any sort for anyone, particularly powerlifting.

As a minor aside...most strength routines I've seen advocate a lower rep/higher weight scheme. Again, not to say that your training doesn't work for you, but it's not something I'd recommend for anyone else.

ThanX brother!! Id agree with you. I dont reccomend my current routines to anyone else. A few posters have accused me of forcing my routines on people, being a bad representative of "the sport". What fucking sport? haha I dont compete. Aside from that, I just list what I do on here, and the routine I reccomend is the one I started with, not the ones Ive worked up to over the years. Ive not seen one person , or even heard of one person training the way I do. This is just what keeps me saner and how Ive gotten the results that Ive obtained. Keep training hard!!

Top Bottom