Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question? LUNA bars

esteveze

..I just bought a bar..lemosnzest..ummm it taste very good. I just took a little bite..would wait for ur replys before I eat it.
cal 180
fat 4g
T carb 26g..also it says other carbs 10g...what is this??
prot 10g
sugars 14g
is this good..ok...or bad???

That seems like a lot of sugar to me. Most of the bars I buy are hi-protein, low carb (can't recall off the top of my head, but I know I've bought some that are 2 grams of Carbs) & sugar is 2 grams.

You could do a lot better than a Luna. It's just a low fat candy bar dressed up to look like health food. The other carbs are unkown, but probably mostly starches such as flour or oats. Reading the ingredient list will tell you more detail. A few of the carbs are likely to be fiber. An ocassional bar is fine, but don't make them the backbone of your diet.

You midas well eat a candy bar instead!!! Those bars are JUNK full of sugar...get a protein bar like myoplex or protein diet..there are plenty of em out there..read the labels..anything above a few grams of sugar is not good for you...eat a good wholesome meal instead:)

I bught the pure protein bar...smores...
A girl in the store told me that the luna bars were very tasty..and that the bar that I was about to buy "pure protein" sucks..
So I bought both of them.
Luna bar JUst had a bite..but since is junk and I do not want toeat junk...is going to the garbage..
also I bought the pure protein bar for few reasons...
I usually have my meals at work....the last one about 3:30..I finish at 5:30..and that would be about the time that I should be eating another meal...but I have to go to pick up my child...By the time I get home it would be about 8:00pm....so the bar(meal replacement) would be a good choice..
Don't y think so....????

Last edited:
esteveze said:
I bught the pure protein bar...smores...
A girl in the store told me that the luna bars were very tasty..and that the bar that I was about to buy "pure protein" sucks..
So I bought both of them.
Luna bar JUst had a bite..but since is junk and I do not want toeat junk...is going to the garbage..
also I bought the pure protein bar for few reasons...
I usually have my meals at work....the last one about 3:30..I finish at 5:30..and that would be about the time that I should be eating another meal...but I have to go to pick up my child...By the time I get home it would be about 8:00pm....so the bar(meal replacement) would be a good choice..
Don't y think so....????

I relate to the food-on-the-go need! I read someone here mention dry-packs of tuna, I have that in my bag along with a plastic fork. I have bags of sunflower seeds (pre measured portions!) and boxes of raisens (hi-GI food for post-workout). If I know I won't be on the road long before it's time to eat, I'll grab a yougart or low-fat mozerella string cheese & of course, protein bars! Salad bars are great too for veggies & hard boiled eggs - "Giant" grocery stores around here always have great salad bars.

Otherwise, when I do cook (fish, chicken, lean turkey) I make extras for lunch or to have before leaving the office if I know I won't be home till much later. Oh, and washing & chopping up veggies for snacks & salads for the next several days right after grocery shopping is helpful too.

Top Bottom