Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about Oat meal

esteveze

When you talk about Oat meal for breakfast, its organic or regular..(Quaker stuff)???
I ask because I am planning my meals for the next few weeks.
Once I have them ready I will post it here. That way you could advise me either if I have to add/remove anything.. ;)

so...mmm instant oatmeal will be great. since I work long hours and have not much time to prepare my meals.
Would that be just as good??

I like the "Old Fashioned Oats" vs. the "Quick Oats" -- the old fashioned oats are like not as "fine ground" so you actually feel like you are eating "oats" instead of some mushy, ground up fine stuff.

I dont' like it plain, so sometimes I'll mix in some Equal / stevia / whatever is your fav sweetener, or better yet..... STRAWBERRY (zero carb, zero fat) ISOPURE PROTEIN MIX! Haven't tried mixing in nat. pb --- I have a hard enough time sticking to just one tblsp of that stuff ;)

But that's just my personal opinion.:angel:

I eat mine raw, like I think Ann? recommended a few days ago. I've been lurking. It's been my savior, I hate hate hate oatmeal, but with a tiny bit of splenda and maybe two tablespoons of fat free milk, I can get it down no problem. It's my staple now, I eat it about 4 times a day.

ok, how do you mix in protein powder into oatmeal? I've tried it where I cooked it in and that was aweful! THe texture was really gross. What's the secret?

Im w/ spatt:) I take old fashioned oats...no packet stuff i like the real deal...add 2 scoops of whey, 1-2 tbsp nat pb, 3 packets of equal, and some ground cinnamon....mmmmm good..I don't put mine in the microwave at all. Sometimes I mix it the night before and put it in the fridge..get it out in the morning and it is some good stuff....like those no bake cookie things:)

I eat mine -straight out the packet - mixed w/chunks of pineapple - out of a can (in its own juice) smash it up really good and stir till its all mixed up.....it tastes like a dessert...I love this stuff...I eat it after my workout.....If you want you can pm me and ill give you the details...:)

LOVE THE STUFF!!!!

I have grown to ADORE my oatmeal. Old Fashioned Quaker Oats (not the quickie kind)

It's great plain, or (this sounds odd) mixed with meat, such as ground turkey breast (ends up tasting/acting like stuffing) or even lean beef. A friend introduced me to that concept, and once I tried it, I loved it.

If you like oatmeal sweet, but can't do milk and sugar (and who among us can?) in your program, sprinkle with stevia and cinnamon. If you like it drowning in butter, but can't afford that in your program either, try a couple squirts of "I can't Believe it's not Butter" spray. DON'T use the squeezeable kind, you'll put too much on and end up with just as many calories as if you had the real thing. A squirt or two of the spray will taste fine, try it.

Fennec

Top Bottom