Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Purpose of and why people supplement with L-Glutamine?

Bretmj1

Hey guys, was just wondering what the hype about L-Glutamine is. I see lots of people supplement it into their diet while trying to bulk and cut alike. What are the true benefits of L-Glutamine to proactive lifters such as ourselves?

roy2 said:

lololol yes another link to t-nation.. I'm not even going to open it because they are pretty much useless.. and they slag quality supps like L-glutamine and produce and sell and market even worse shit.. lolol..

I bet they say placebo effect alot too, because if you're getting results it's gotta be a placebo effect, haha.

shit-nation is more like it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glutamine.htm

here ya go, this is pretty much all you could ever want to know about glutamine.

I know for me personally, that it cuts off at least one full day of recovery on a certain muscle group after a really hard workout, I've only be back on for two days but I'm already loving the benefits.

It doesn't make sense to workout without it in my humble opinion, unless you just can't afford it. alot of whey powder has it in it, but like the article says you probably want 10-15 grams of glutamine a day.

roy2 said:

ok.. so I decided to skim over that..

lol they are always all about the Dogma.. and what the sales people don't want you to know.. and please by our product..

but where are thier sources.. thier references.. of all these new magazines and articles putting out new reports and studies on this shit..

well they never fucking have any, because they like assholes and they like blowing smoke up it.

the link I posted has citied references.. something credible.. something even fucking ACADEMIC! lol..

t-nation.. oh god.. I'm going to red you sorry..

I've been using it for years and it helps my recovery time ALOT. I know several pros and they all use glutamine on a daily basis. Jay Cutler puts a spoon of glutamine in his mouth and washes it down with Crystal light with EVERY meal. Markus Ruhl uses 50 grams of glutamine in his post workout shake. I know for a fact that Chris Cormier uses glutamine everyday, especially post-training. Believe what you want, but it's a great supplement that works, just use it consistently.

FriendlyCanadian said:
ok.. so I decided to skim over that..

lol they are always all about the Dogma.. and what the sales people don't want you to know.. and please by our product..

but where are thier sources.. thier references.. of all these new magazines and articles putting out new reports and studies on this shit..

well they never fucking have any, because they like assholes and they like blowing smoke up it.

the link I posted has citied references.. something credible.. something even fucking ACADEMIC! lol..

t-nation.. oh god.. I'm going to red you sorry..

All of the references are cited at the end of the second part of the article...

I could care less about the 'dogma' of T-Nation and their supplements, but the article supports my experience when supplementing with glutamine, which is that glutamine is a waste of money. I would rather spend my cash on a multi, whey, and fish oil.

Top Bottom