Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protien consumed vs. acrually used....

I am not sure if efficient is the correct term. It is thought that steroids increase muscle protein synthesis, but the exact molecular mechanism is not known.

It is not unknown for the body to make things when one or more factor is not present, for example macrocytic/megaloblastic/hypochromic anaemia results when there is not enough iron and B12 (which is which? my haematology isn't great).

I would think that some enzymes etc are manufactured without all the amino acids required, but whether or not they would function correctly is another issue.

The body can make things when all building blocks are not present through outside sources only if the missing substance is "non-essential"
We've all heard of essential and non-essential nutrients right?
Essential = Must be acquired from foods
Non-essential= can be manufactured in the body as needed.
Its always bothered me that people take so much glutamine, its both non-essential and useless on its own. The body makes it as needed and any extra......straight to sugars or in the toilet:)

BCAAs are good as they may fill amino gaps in poor sources of protein - if taken at the same time such protein is consumed.

And I believe testosterone builds muscle through the M-TOR pathway but I need to do a little homework before getting any deeper than that.

Great stuff! Thanks guys

Top Bottom