Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Proper steroid free training

circusgirl said:
Are you the author of Beyond Brawn by any chance? This book had similar advice.

No ....BUT I know of that book and it is VERY GOOD for people that want the most in strength and muscle as a natural trainee.

here is the web site www.hardgainer.com

Don't let the title "hardgainer" fool you....I would say that at least 90% of trainees not on roids fall under the "hardgainer" banner....that is, almost everyone is genetically typical and average.
RG:)

Hey, GREAT post. I followed you advice that you gave me in PM. I bought one of Mentzers books (his last one) and it really opened my eyes. Then I commited a sin! I picked up an issue of Flex, and my mind was racing one what was right or wrong for 2 or 3 weeks! I missed out on a lot of progress during that time. But I'm happy to say I am back on track, and follow your routine. I LOVE it. I will stay away from the magazines, and most training boards from now on. It just leads to confusion.

I have a couple of questions though... I am currently on, and for chest I was wondering if could do 1 or 2 work sets of incline press, and then 1 working set of dips. For 3 sets total. I don't feel I get anything out of regular bench, and have gotten way better results with pec growth once I started doing weighted dips. I make progress really easy on them as well. I am already up to doing them with 90lbs around my waist. I could never make such progress with bench, but incline is a different story. Could I do both incline and dips? Or too much?

Besides that, everythings great. I was able to get to 255lbs top weight with volume training, but after a while, I just couldn't go anymore. I started feeling too tired, too fatigued. I feel this will take me to the next level. :) Thanks again Realgains for debunking myths and bringing some logic to the table.

Last edited:
Steroids make a difference so yes you can safely do Inclines and dips. On roids 4-6 all out work sets per body part is normally just fine....in fact this is the volume that Mentzer himself used in his Hay day.

Well, i haven't gone with this program 100%, but i have met it almost half way for now. I have cut out most isolation moves. I still work out four days/wk...2 on, 1 of, 2 on, 2 off.

I've been doing this for almost a month.
3 work sets each.

Workout 1) Chest/tri's - Incline Bench, Weighted Dips, Close Grip Bench.

Workout 2) Back/Bi's - Bent Rows, Pull Downs, Straight Bar Curls.

Workout 3) Shoulders/Calves - Military Press, Upright rows, standing Calf Raises.

Workout 4) Legs - Squats, Straight Leg Deads.

Now that i look at this, i haven't really come close, but i have cut way down. When i hit a plateau, i will cut it down again to see what happens.

My bi's and tri's never get sore though. My weights are increasing. Feeling good. Up to 55lbs on the dips. I may switch the dips with close grip bench, from time to time instead of doing both. My lats went flat when i stoped doing pull downs, so i put them back in.

What do you guys think about this?

T Bone

Looks good ....but I bet you would do even better working out just Mon-Wed and Fri.

The most important thing is this......weights going up on routine basis in small to tiny jumps.

Now on roids you can train a lot more often and with more sets BUT NOT while natural...at least not the vast majority of trainees.

RG

Thanks. If i do a three day schedule, it will probably look like this.

Workout 1) Back/Bi's - Bent Rows or Deads, Pull Downs, Straight Bar Curls.

Workout 2) Chest/tri's/shoulders - Incline Bench, Military Press, Weighted Dips or Close Grip Bench.

Workout 3) Legs - Squats, Straight Leg Deads, Calf Raises.

T Bone

Realgains said:
Steroids make a difference so yes you can safely do Inclines and dips. On roids 4-6 all out work sets per body part is normally just fine....in fact this is the volume that Mentzer himself used in his Hay day.

Boy Real Gains, you are giving your age away. Mike Mentzer takes me back to at least 12-15 years ago. Great training info. Good stuff to see here. Alot of people really over do it and for what? Not for longevity that's for sure.

Msboss

msboss said:
Boy Real Gains, you are giving your age away. Mike Mentzer takes me back to at least 12-15 years ago. Great training info. Good stuff to see here. Alot of people really over do it and for what? Not for longevity that's for sure.

Msboss

Thanks.

The fact of the matter is this.......VERY VERY few people know how to train for reults without steroids. This is the main reason why recreational lifters turn to roids in the first place..they simply cannot make any decent gains on their high volume low intensity and 5-6 days in the gym using weights. You can blame the popular bodybuilding magazines for that as there is next to ZERO real advice for the non steroid using genetically typical person. Joe Weider and company sure the hell don't have a clue how to train the non steroid user unless they are perhaps genetic freaks.

RG

:)

Top Bottom