Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Proper Spotting and Training to Failure

Impressive - are you a beginner?

No one training over 1-2 years can make that type of gain in 90 days naturally unless they've starved themselves for periods to bring starting weight down or gained mostly fat.

You can't really base a training program or theories on results like that as it's such an atypical response and unrepeatable under normal conditions by nearly every weight trainer. If you can continue putting on 10 quality pounds a month that would be 120lbs a year. There's just no way that will ever happen.

I realize this is a blanket statement but if you are an advanced lifter, did this naturally, and gains were mostly muscle you have freakish genetics and regardless you will find it impossible to make similar gains again. Most guys on this board can't make those gains with juice let alone natural.

Still nice gains though

It a combo of both good genetics and semi-begginer..My body just wants to be at a certain wieght (5'10 185) and when i let myself go below it just goes right back to it when i pick up the wieghts

this is a good post, and an interesting one. ive trained alone and with a partner also, and i would much rather train alone. i know my limits and i know when i need some help in cetain lifts. since the object of this game is to strive to push more and more weight, there are times when a spotter is necessary. i definately dont need a PARTNER for this as there are many knowledgable bros at my gym willing and able to help out. and since we are serious bbers we all know that a bad partner can really drag you down.

nuff said as i am rambling now............................;)

but a really good spotter CAN HELP...my spotter is afraid to touch the bar too early cause he knows i will fucking bitch him out if he does, o its all in the spotter, when i spot my friend i will taunt him by walkin away or yellin to make him do the last rep, its all in the motivation and the knowledge of the spotter

I agree, I always train alone and will usually ask someone standing around to spot me. It always pisses me off that when I still have three reps left the asshole puts his fingers on the bar and helps with the lift. Spotting to me means that if I get stuck on the last rep and the weight starts to come back down that the person lifts it off. If I can't get a rep myself then my set is done, there is no reason to try two more with help from someone else.

Top Bottom