Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-contest Advice

LSUMuscle

I've got around 8 weeks until my competition. I need all the advice that I can get. Here are my stats:
-5'9"
-197lbs
-<9%bf
-100carbs/day, 350-425 prot./day, and 50-60fat/day
-1 hour cardio in A.M. on empty stomach and 35 min. after workout midday
-just began winstrol (50mg eod) and testoviron (250/wk)

Any advice in any of these areas would be greatly appreciated. I've put in a lot of hard work and don't want to have to back out of the show because I'm not ready. Thanks

You realize that your bodyfat is pretty high for a competition in just 8 weeks. I mean I'm sure you can get it down, but you haven't left yourself much time to spare! I personally would check into a little more of a cutting cycle than what you just started. The Winny should do you well in that department, but I would at least add some clen, ECA, or something like that. GOOD LUCK!!!

:cool:

Eat 7-8meals per day and this is very important to improve your metabolism and decrease your body fat

neglect all fats whether satured or unsatured fats, increase the carbs to 200 or even 300 to give you a great pump

Do not decrease Carbohydrates as some here would say because your brain uses only carbohydrates (not fat) as a source of energy, and your body will protect the brain at all costs. During a diet when blood sugar levels can be very low, the body will release the hormone cotrisol. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone that converts muscle proteins to carbohydrates to feed the brain. This leads to the loss of muscle mass often seen with pre-contest diets. But don't despair. The answer is a logical, conservative approach to dieting, along with accurate daily data collection.

LSUmuscle

Click on the AF link below. There is a "Competitors Corner" board there. You can get alot of help from guys there that compete. They know their stuff.

I realize that my bf is still high to be so close. That's why I'm writing this. I don't want to give up right before the show. I've been working hard, but I've received so much different advice that I'm getting confused.
1) What's the deal with low carbs v. high carbs?

2) How about fat intake?

3) Should I up my cardio even more? How much is too much?

4) With testoviron and winny, what else would someone recommend throwing in now? (I'm also alternating hydroxycut and xenadrine, just finished t3)

I would add fina and dnp.
Weams answer may work fine for him but eveyone is different. I cycle carbs,400,250,250,125,125,75,75,400, ect.... Cutting fat's to the bone. Diet is a very individual thing, what works best takes years to figure out. You have no choice, with the time you have left, other than to increase cardio. Don't cut calories too much or you'll slow the metabolism and alot of the weight loss will be muscle. Good luck.

LSUmuscle,
I qualified for national-level competition in '98, but due to things outside of my control, I could not follow through with my plans. Until recently, where I re-entered bb'ing. I have also trained 4 other guys for shows with good success. With that being said to cover my credentials, here are my opinions.

Yes it is perhaps to soon to enter, however, if your mind is made up, there is probably little that can be done to change your mind, so all that we can do, is offer as much advice as possible. Here goes.

I prefer cyclic-ketogenic type diets over high carb diets anyday. Ketones are muscle spariing, and normally as much cardio isn't needed. I do not agree with the "carbohydrates only for energy sources" idea. I have used these for every show, as has my clients, and we have had exceptional success. When the body enters ketosis, ketones are burnt for fuel. If you cannot operate well on zero carbs, take in 30grams carbs per day, plus postworkout drink on workout days.

Either way, never, ever, avoid all fats!

The protein that you have listed is much too high. Many people will have you believe that protein doesn't get converted to fat, and they are wrong. It is called glucogenesis.

With eight weeks to go, it can be done. Email me if you need more specific information. Good Luck.

To tell you the truth , everybody use various and different way to compete

some use the carb depletion diet (very low carbs,fats and high protein)
some would carb up (high carbs, low fats, high protein)

other would use the anabolic diet (very low carbs, high fats, high Protein)

or even some would use the ransom die (moderate carbs, moderate fats, high protein)

Gunter Schlierkamp IFBB who ate nothing except two pieces of turkey and water (1meal per day)

try them all, you're not going to die after this contest, try this way : carb deplete (absolutely no carbs) for 4-7days then carb up with 300-400grams of carbs for 3days , day 3 should be the competition day, this works like hell
if you didn't success with it then try the Anabolic Diet if no then try another and so on, vary everything and find what works better for you

Last edited:
Very true weam, I forgot to the fact that there are a 100 different routes from point a to point b, and the best one is the one that you can stick with.

Top Bottom