Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Posterior labrum surgery recovery timeline

Doomsday

On December 31 I'm getting surgery for a posterior labrum tear from the 8 to 11 o clock position. My doc and PT have come up with this timeline. I'm going to be 28 years old. People who have had this surgery or know about this kind of surgery tell me what you think:

1) Mon. 12-31-07 get surgery for a torn labrum.
2) Weds. 01-07-08 1 WEEK POST SURGERY start physical therapy with my therapist.
3) Mon. 02-04-08 5 WEEKS POST SURGERY take off sling.
4) Mon. 02-18-08 7 WEEKS POST SURGERY stop physical therapy with my therapist and start my own physical therapy strengthening program (under the eye of my PT, I will be doing this at his facility).
5) Mon. 03-31-08 3 MONTHS POST SURGERY start running on treadmill.
6) Mon. 06-02-08 5 MONTHS POST SURGERY stop physical therapy strengthening program and start light weightlifting with no restrictions.
7) Mon. 07-14-08 6 1/2 MONTHS POST SURGERY start boxing training.

What do you guys think? Is it too conservative and I should speed it up? Is it too pushy and I should fall back on some things? What do you guys think? Is this a good post labrum surgery recovery schedule?

I say, as long as it takes for you to feel comfortable with your body again. Your physician knows well, but your body will give you the best signals. Ease into things, and don't make any movements too quick! i'd follow the first 7 weeks, then see how your body works and slowly integrate your activities back in, everyone heals differently.

Top Bottom