Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Polar Heart Rate Monitors

BatZgirl

Hello

Does anyone here use any Polar Heart Rate Monitors, I just like to know what your thoughts on the Polar Range are.

Thanks;)

I use one....

just basic no frills one that gives heart rate, keeps up total time u work out and gives average heartrate over that time period...

i use it every time i do cardio to stay in my "zone"

I have a cheap one and it does what I need. Use it when ever doing cardio and works great so I make sure I stay in my zone. Sometimes I wear it when I weight train but it gets irritating. I like mine, miss it when I do cardio without it.

f'n dig it, i got one for $150, used it so much I bought one for a friend..... For me it is the most important piece of equipment I own....

BatZgirl said:
Hello

Does anyone here use any Polar Heart Rate Monitors, I just like to know what your thoughts on the Polar Range are.

Thanks;)

Da bomb-

I've had 3. They've haven't broken I just keep buying better models. Polar is by far the best brand; they have the highest quality of all the HRMs. I have one that has a wireless bike computer built in and I can download all my workout info to my PC. I like gadgets. You can get some awesome models for $150. I paid $250 for mine. Here are some websites that have good deals:

http://search.shopping.yahoo.com/search/all?is=1&p=polar+heart+rate+monitors&tool=0&did=

It has been a great tool for me however I don't use it all the time. It is a good guide but you also have to learn how train w/o it. I have learned a lot w/my Polar notably it has really put me in tune with my body. You can e-mail or PM if you have questions about how to effectively use it during cardio. I've used one for 8 years. They're cool!!

FHG

I have one and love it. I don't really use it much anymore though. I should, because it's a good way to keep track of overall fitness and possible overtraining. Also good for interval training to gauge recovery.

I used it mostly as a motivator (back in the ol' days when I needed that!) It made my workouts more interesting, seeing how just a slight change in pace can affect the heart rate.

It was also a great safety net. Once I set the range, I felt comfortable because I knew I wouldn't wear myself out by going too hard too soon. It's also like having a personal trainer give me a good ass-kicking if I got too slow.

Gee, after reading over my post, I think I'll start using it again! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for your input guys

You've all convinced me to buy one (you and reading up on them :) :) ) Geeze they are expensive but hey as you said they are the best.

The sales man tried to seell me a Reebok and Nike watch instead but they dont look as nice and dont have half the features of the Polar

Im impressed :D :mix: :D :mix: :D :mix:

Get the cheapest model because all you really need it for is just to show you your heart rate. Some of them have alarms, etc... Just stuff you dont need in the gym. You can get one from walmart for $35 now!! Deal of the day!!! No need for anything fancier...

Heart rate monitor - Walmart.com

--IQ

Top Bottom