Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help...want to lose weight

i live in a dorm...so all i have is a microwave and its not really that easy to make food in that,..... i dont even really like microwave food... but idk wat to do....its not like i can just go move .... can someone please give me some ideas... thanks....
<3

hmk214 said:
i no its hard to read sorry.... i copied it from that website....
this isnt the best but sorry... could anyone maybe give me a good diet to follow... thats not so stict because of my time and avialabilty... thanks

Today's Foods
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Apple, raw cup, NFScup, quartered or choppedcup, slicedoz, with skin, yieldscrabapplelarge (3-1/4" dia) (approx 2 per lb)medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)ringslicesmall (2-1/2" dia) (approx 4 per lb)thin sliceQuantity not specified 65 0 17 0
Peanut butter tablespoonQuantity not specified 95 8 3 4
Water cupfl oz 0 0 0 0
Granola bar, nonfat barQuantity not specified 142 0 33 3
Chicken, breast, with or without bone, stewed, skin not eaten cup, cooked, dicedoz, boneless, cooked (yield after sk...oz, boneless, cooked, skinlessoz, boneless, raw (yield after cooki...oz, boneless, raw, without skin (yie...oz, with bone, cooked (yield after b...oz, with bone, cooked, without skin ...oz, with bone, raw (yield after cook...oz, with bone, raw, without skin (yi...cubic inch, boneless, cooked, skin r...breast quarter (yield after cooking,...medium slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4")thick slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 3/8")thin slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8")large breast (yield after cooking, b...medium breast (yield after cooking, ...small breast (yield after cooking, b...Quantity not specified 202 4 0 39
Bread, pita large pita (6-1/2" dia)medium pita (5-1/4" dia)small pita (4" dia)Quantity not specified 124 1 25 4
Tomatoes, raw cup, cherry tomatocup, chopped or slicedoz, raw, yieldsItalian tomatocherrylarge whole (3" dia)medium whole (2-3/5" dia)medium slice (1/4" thick)plum tomatosmall whole (2-2/5" dia)thick/large slice (1/2" thick)wedge (1/4 of medium tomato)thin/small sliceQuantity not specified 19 0 4 1
Salad dressing, KRAFT Ranch Dressing tablespoons 74 8 1 0
Crackers, wheat, sandwich, with cheese filling ozsandwich cracker 139 7 16 3
Water cupfl oz 0 0 0 0
Turkey or chicken breast, prepackaged or deli, luncheon meat cup, wafer slices or shavedslice (1 oz)slice, NFSQuantity not specified 31 0 0 6
Bread, whole wheat, 100% large sliceregular sliceslice, crust not eatenthin sliceQuantity not specified 138 2 26 5
Chicken, breast, with or without bone, stewed, skin not eaten cup, cooked, dicedoz, boneless, cooked (yield after sk...oz, boneless, cooked, skinlessoz, boneless, raw (yield after cooki...oz, boneless, raw, without skin (yie...oz, with bone, cooked (yield after b...oz, with bone, cooked, without skin ...oz, with bone, raw (yield after cook...oz, with bone, raw, without skin (yi...cubic inch, boneless, cooked, skin r...breast quarter (yield after cooking,...medium slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4")thick slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 3/8")thin slice (approx 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8")large breast (yield after cooking, b...medium breast (yield after cooking, ...small breast (yield after cooking, b...Quantity not specified 42 1 0 8
Broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt large stalk (11" - 12" long)medium stalk (7-1/2" - 8" long)small stalk (5" long)spear (about 5" long)cup, chopped 66 1 12 7
Water cupfl oz 0 0 0 0
Totals 1136 33

It would be a lot easier to just copy over the important stuff -and i dont mean copy /paste, just write what it says. Like I said I"m not tryign to add work for you but just get some basic info to work with. (I'm not interested in reading the above cuz i can't)

The most important stuff is the total cals & the macro ratios.

The only thing I can gather from the above is the total cals are 1136. That's just plain old too low. Can you post the ratios as well?

No one can guess what you consider "strict" or what food resources you have available so very hard to give you a new diet and know if you can follow it or not.

The Shadow Plan (see stickies at the top) is a great program several of the girls here followed- specifies food each day but if you look across several days' plans then you can get an idea of your shoppign list and prep time.

Another good source that gives very flexible and very do-able guidelines is the BODY FOR LIFE book that Bill Phillips wrote.

hmk214 said:
i live in a dorm...so all i have is a microwave and its not really that easy to make food in that,..... i dont even really like microwave food... but idk wat to do....its not like i can just go move .... can someone please give me some ideas... thanks....
<3
Do you have a mini fridge in your room?

Tuna/Salmon canned
Oats
Almonds

All are none perishiable you can keep it in your room. If you have a fridge then you can also keep egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt etc.
If you are on a meal plan then select the best options possible stay away from the fried crap the pasta/baked casserol stuff. Stick to the salad bar, soups, wrapped type sandwhichs dieting can be done well in college. I forget the posters name but I know one female in here actually competed and she is in college. Like I said you make an effort to do something if your really want to do it. Also limit or cut out drinking completely I know for me booze puts on weight faster then anything.

superqt4u2nv said:
Do you have a mini fridge in your room?

Tuna/Salmon canned
Oats
Almonds

All are none perishiable you can keep it in your room. If you have a fridge then you can also keep egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt etc.
If you are on a meal plan then select the best options possible stay away from the fried crap the pasta/baked casserol stuff. Stick to the salad bar, soups, wrapped type sandwhichs dieting can be done well in college. I forget the posters name but I know one female in here actually competed and she is in college. Like I said you make an effort to do something if your really want to do it. Also limit or cut out drinking completely I know for me booze puts on weight faster then anything.

Other stuff --
tuna in the pouch is fantastic - I travel w/ at least 5 bags when I'm out for work. -- altho I'd be concerned if you were attempting to live off canned tuna -- I'm a little leary of a lot of fish in my diet.
protein mix - alway very usable -- I make a lot of "protein mush" stuff -- mix up some protein mix, natural PB, a little no sugar / no fat pudding mix, a splenda --- just enough water to make a mush. Pretty damn good! Very portable, cheap.
natural peanut butter
almonds
brown rice - you can nuke that
that pre-cooked chicken
I've nuked eggs before -- they say nuking stuff in plastic isn't that healthy for you so might want to invest in a couple specifically microwavable plates or something

Do you have access to a small kitchen in a common room or somethign? Can broil stuff in there a couple time / week. E.g. chicken breasts.

hmk214 said:
yea i have a mini fridge but thats it lol... Thanks so much for all the help guys!

For the record, I do totally understand your situation - I lived at home my first 2 yrs of college and then moved 1500 miles away to live in the girl's dorm at Arizona State U. Didn't have a car or a bike or anything. Had a little fridge & microwave in my room and a kitchenette in the common areas. It's a challenge - I don't think you are really far off the mark - but its just optimizing what you are doing to get past the hump. Diet is still the key to making progress.

Top Bottom