Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

overtraining

billyclinton

Was wondering about overtraining? just wanted to know if i need to let my muscle groups recover for a week or can i work them twice in one wee? thanks guys.

Being a bit of a Newbie myself still I originally asked this question and wondered why ppl would always say NO NO NO, once a week only.

After a few seasons and allot of reading my sessions got harder(workout wise)better(for me muscles) and after that I realised why. The muscle group I trained would be sore(tingleing) for 2/3 days after. Training all my groups 2 tinmes a week would be almost impossible.

So, put simply, NO dont do the group more than once a week. Work your self harder, read up, use the search feature of this board to look up routines, look up pre-exhaust as well.

Hope that helps,

H.

Don't train your muscles while they are sore and give them at least one days rest after recovery.
Do a search on overtraining on this board, HEAPS of info and opinions.
It is easier to undertrain than to overtrain IMHO.

hardgainer (hardtrainer)

Assuming your diet in not a factor, you should be making progress with your workout every time you go into the gym. By progress, I mean either adding weight to your set or increasing your reps. If you can not accomplish this, you need more days off. Most people are doing the standard 10-12 sets per body part. That is fine as long as you take more rest days so long as you can make progress on your next workout. A workout like that would require more off days to compensate for the extent of overtraining from the volume of the workout. I advocate Mentzer's Heavy Duty workout. Do 1-2 sets per body part using the heaviest weight possible (that allows you to maintain good form) for 8-10 reps. Do a one day on, two days off routine.

Go by how you feel.

There are simply too many variables involved to lay down set-in-stone rules for everyone. For instance, everyone is different as far as recovery ability (which is mostly genetic and unchangable), diet, rest habits, training intensity, training volume, training frequency, anabolic drug usage, etc.

Therefore, the best indicator of how you should train is you...imagine that.

However, that being said, I still don't see how anyone (regardless of the aforementioned variables) could honestly train large bodyparts like legs or back more than once per 5-day rotation for an extended amount of time.

Personally, I find that the only musclegroups I can train more than once every 7 days are abs and calves. I have fairly good genetics and my diet is solid but I'm drug free.

Top Bottom