Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Out of curiousity for bench shirts and weak points??

Cubanito17

Hey guys if my weak point are my shoulders,back,lats,and of course tris can always be stronger but right now they are the strong point in my bench. Here's the question if I was to through on a shirt how much will that actually get my pause up. I mean for PLJay i believe it gets him up 100lbs from raw to shirt. And if I'm doing DB elbow outs with 55lbs. and cali presses with 105 for 8. A cali press is coming down like a skull crusher but then you roll it to your chin and press straight up for a full lockout. SO how much will I actually get on my pause???? Which shirt should I start with a single poly Inzer or go for a double I've never worn a shirt before. And if I find myself with some extra cash I'll go out, give inzer a call and order one.

For those that are going to the ST PETE meet and wear shirts will it be too much to ask if when the comp is over that I go up to introduce myself if I have a measuring tape if you guys can measure me for a shirt b/c I'm stil not sure how to do it and I wouldn't wanna mess up a shirt. Thanks in advance. I belive Jay ur the master at shirts right :D

Thanks adam I'll look into the fitting if someone will help me for the fitting in st pete meet. Then i'll prob go with that one if it's good for begginers. Hey just to let you know I'm trying your training method with speed bench after I do my dynamic bench I did 1 rep with 75% of my max and I got it in 1.75seconds I think that's pretty good the weight was 205.

I have only worn a bench shirt two times before in training, but I ordered my first one recently. I was advised by a Westside expert to get a Double Denim Radical with Velcro. Although this is my first shirt, this is what info I got. I have heard people say to get that one and I ordered it recently. I guess that its the philosophy that if you are gonna buy something buy the good one that will be the best for you, you could save $ on a poly but you wouold want the denim anyways.

Cubanito, the measurments arent tough to do. for shoulders just stand relaxed and have someone put a measuring tape all the way around just above the nipple line with your arms down at the side. Chest is with your arms up like a referee with a touchdown signal. Arms are measured like you are bending over to do a concentration curl but your arms will be relaxed. I think someone with more knowledge than me could elaborate on the descriptions a little better though.

Ya know i was sitting here reading this and thinking you would do fine ina poly considering your not up close to 400 on the bench. But i knwo a kid who also may be in St pete, he is 16yrs old and weighed 135 and benched 325 or so to break his own teen world record. BUt he used to bench in a poly and got like 265 or so. A freind of mine helped him into a denim that was a little big but hell he was benching more. I would say if you have the funds get a 2x denim velcro. I mean you live in Florida so your at the Home of the APA and APF so its allowed. Wear it. But just get it to fit exact. You can always deduct from the shirt. If you havent followed Cytomel instructions for measuring which is correct. Thank you Cytomel. Bring your tape and i will measure you for one. As far as what kind call Dave Tate and ask him too. Grimmer came to my gym and his 2x denim is a little big for him Measure wise, its still tight as hell , but anyway just in the short time we spent in the shirt he lifted more then he had before. He is supposed to come shirt up with us as we prepare for St pete. So there it is in a nutshell.

Thanx cytomel I somewhat understand that but since I'm not allowed to use a shirt in High School lifting and I'm not competing until next year I'll wait for st pete. WHOA 16 in 135 Jay this kids also a beast. I can't wait until i go for my record I believe I told you about it the 19 yr old record in 165 is 1375 right now I'm going to try and beat it at 19

Hey Cubanito go to www.apa-wpa.com then go to the wpa forum, and one of the first threads is asking were the APA top 20 for 2001 is at. Roger Boarg put the link on for hm to see. Go there and check out too. Those are National ranking for the APA only. BUt that is the meet that were going ot March. It will give you an idea of were your at. I think you will be happy to see. On the first page the top 20 for 2000 is there too. But to see 2001 you need to go to the forum there is no link to it there yet. I tried to get the address but there is anoying pop up that comes up andi cant write down the link quick enough. So check it out.

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT if that one kid A turner isn't there then I'd take first place if he's there then I'll still take 2nd place I total as of 3 weeks ago 955lbs @ 165 weight class. OK here's the BIG QUESTION whether I compete in this one or not what is everything I need to do and first of all would i be able to weigh in friday morning instead of wednesday. Then lift on saturday. Because right now I weigh 180 but it's because i'm training my next meet is March 13 but if I do this one then fuck that meet i'll just go for this one. Do i need any type of registration or membership also do I need any other type of papers.

You can get your card there, so no worries. You could weigh in probably fri , no way on wed. BUt really you can come and lift the day you get there and be ready. If your under 18 bring parents.

I'll be there with parents either way I already have my aunt working on maps and shit to get there and we're already planning on the hotel rental there's one thing I need though you gave me directions but what's the name of the place. And i'll be lifting in 181 fuck 165 for my first meet i'll worry bout 165 when i go for the record not now. Right now i'ma worry about getting stronger and fuck weight and looks i made up my mind. I know I change ideas every 5 minutes, oh well.

Top Bottom