Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Opinions on lockouts, everyone read

S

solidj55

I am in my 3rd week of westside training. My first two weeks of ME was 2board press, this week I did floor press and will also do floor press next week. After next weeks floor press I had planned to do 4board press for two weeks and finish up my mini cycle with closegrip inclines. Well I am considering changing from 4board to lockouts. Im not sure which one I want to do. I would like to hear some opinions on what you guys like or think is better, 4board or lockouts? Please everyone give me some feedback.

One's not better than the other, they're different. My advice is to do lockouts just to get a feel for them since you've already done 2board presses and that'll be a lot like 4boards. Then you'll know what they're like and get an idea how to incorporate them into your schedule in the future.

here's my opinion....i would go with the boards.hte thing i don't like about lockouts is they tear my shoulders up pushing the weight from a dead stop.it's also hard to start the lift in your groove.if you want to work your lockout more i would throw chains on the bar and/or bring that grip in and target the tri's more.we used to do them but rarely do them anymore.another thing to target your tri lockout power is floor presses,but do all your sets with your index on smooth and no more than maybe index 1-2 inches from smooth.hell , try thr rack lockouts and see if they help ya'.we're all different man.you're lifts have gone up alot so you are on the right track,bro........just my .02,...PEACE

We don't do lockouts as a main exercise. Sometimes we use them right after our max effort exercise. I only use 2 and 3 boards for max effort stuff, and 4 or 5 boards as accessory work. However, since you asked, I would scrap the lockouts and do the 4 boards. Lockouts get real awkward when the weight gets heavy.

I personally love 4 boards more then any of them. They work period. As far as lockouts i dont rule them out. They way i do them is load that baby up. Have it in the rack. Unrack it like your benching, this way you will be in your groove to start with. Its hard #1 to find the groove when the bar is 5 inches from lockout aleady. #2 liek the mann said its hard to overcome inertia if you move it from a stand still. So un rack, bring it down first, thats right lower the weight in lockouts. Then touch and slam it back up. Rep 1 complete.

Top Bottom