Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? on partial DL's

Backlash said:
I have the same issue killahbee. I was able to stick this little movable platform thing in the power rack and stand on top of it, thus effectively lowering the bar another 4 or 5 inches or so. Try to find something (or make something) that you can stand on.

Now that's an idea. Thanks bro.

Backlash said:
I have the same issue killahbee. I was able to stick this little movable platform thing in the power rack and stand on top of it, thus effectively lowering the bar another 4 or 5 inches or so. Try to find something (or make something) that you can stand on.

what kind of power rack?? power racks allow you to move the pins and they should have holes almost to the floor..ive never seen one that didnt lol..but if not do like backlash suggest..i would use a couple of plates under each foot until you get the right height!! some gyms have platform for sldl mine is wood and ive never used it cant imagine my fat ass plus 400+ lbs and it not breaking lol

wnt2bBeast said:
what kind of power rack?? power racks allow you to move the pins and they should have holes almost to the floor..ive never seen one that didnt lol..but if not do like backlash suggest..i would use a couple of plates under each foot until you get the right height!! some gyms have platform for sldl mine is wood and ive never used it cant imagine my fat ass plus 400+ lbs and it not breaking lol

Apparently a piece of shit power rack! It's a world's gym, so it is somewhat commercial, but still pretty decent. I couldn' believe it either, but that's the way it is

Yeah, the power rack I have access to is a piece of shit, the pin holes are like 3 inches apart and they don't come anywhere near the floor. It's also really skinny, so I can't squat in it; I only use it for pin presses and partial deads.

I squat in a regular squat rack with no adjustable safety bars. You do what you gotta do.

KillahBee said:
Apparently a piece of shit power rack! It's a world's gym, so it is somewhat commercial, but still pretty decent. I couldn' believe it either, but that's the way it is
I hear ya..Im at a world's also but i guess im a little more fortunate especially since no one really uses the power rack lol im gonna set the pins at 2 totally different heights and see if anyone moves them lol..

Im guessing you want to improve your DL? which is why u wanna do some rack deads..if its too much of a hassle to to the racks sldl's and pulls from blocks will help you add some crazy weight to your deads..and theyre just as good if not better than rack deads!

saw a fence post in three, nail the parts to a piece of plywood.. put a handle on it like i did.. it's a platform that carries like a briefcase

i donated it to my gym ,cost me 10 bucks to make.

I almost always deadlift off the lowest setting when doing partials off the rack. This is in a power rack. But now this has changed. My gym has closed down, and I tested the rack at another gym and it looks like Ill be using the 3rd hole from the floor. I lift from upper shin level, right below the knees. I like this best since its close to a regular deadlift and really has helped me increase my strength. The lockouts dont carry that same satisfaction for me, and my lockout strength is well above my deadlift anyway, by over 200lbs. Hope that helps

Top Bottom