Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Okay this is too big to ignore - the dark side of clomid

J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 1991 Jul-Aug;20(4):321-7.

Clomiphene-induced mood swings.

Blenner JL.

School of Nursing, San Diego State University, CA 92182-0254.

A study of couples' perceptions of infertility treatment with clomiphene (clomiphene citrate) revealed mood swings in 9 out of 14 women using the drug. This paper describes the mood swings and the responses of women and their spouses. Three phases of mood swing response emerged from the data: lacking awareness of the relation of the mood swings to the drug; gaining awareness of that relation; and managing the mood swings. The results of the study provide important information for nurses counseling couples who are experiencing clomiphene-induced mood swings.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Am J Psychiatry. 1997 Aug;154(8):1169-70.

Clomiphene-induced psychosis.

Oyffe I, Lerner A, Isaacs G, Harel Y, Sigal M.

Can Med Assoc J. 1982 Jan 15;126(2):118.

Clomiphene citrate as a possible cause of psychosis.

Cashman FE, Sheppard R.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Clomiphene citrate as a possible cause of a psychotic reaction during infertility treatment
F Siedentopf, B Horstkamp, G Stief and H Kentenich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, DRK-Kliniken Westend, Berlin, Germany.

Secondary side-effects often occur in women undergoing hormonal stimulation treatment with clomiphene citrate. In general 10.4% of women experience hot flushing, 5.5% have complaints caused by enlargement of the ovaries and 3.5% experience central nervous symptoms (nervousness, sleeplessness, headaches, visual disturbances, vertigo). During ovarian stimulation with clomiphene citrate for in-vitro fertilization, a 32 year old patient developed psychotic symptoms, commencing 3 days after initiation of treatment. Hospitalization in the psychiatric ward became necessary when severe formal and rational thought disturbances arose together with perceptory and sensory delusions. Under neuroleptic treatment the symptoms improved. Nevertheless, follow-up psychiatric care on an outpatient basis was deemed necessary. The infertility treatment was continued with human menopausal gonadotrophin stimulation. Psychiatric instability occurred neither at this point nor during the 2 year follow-up observation period. Both an exogenous psychosis (ICD F23.9) as well as the exacerbation of an endogenous psychosis (ICD F29) may be considered for the differential diagnosis. The stimulation with clomiphene citrate in connection with the physical and psychic stress of the infertility therapy can be regarded as the trigger factor. For patients with evidence of psychiatric illness in their case history, ovulation- inducing substances such as clomiphene citrate should be implemented with particular care.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the FDA

SIDE EFFECTS

Clinical Events

Trial Adverse: Clomiphene citrate Tablets USP at recommended dosages, is generally well tolerated. Adverse reactions usually have been mild and transient and most have disappeared promptly after treatment has been discontinued.

Includes 495 patients whose reports may have been duplicated in the event totals and could not be distinguished as such. Also, excludes 47 patients who did not report symptom data.

The following adverse events have been reported in fewer than 1% of patients in clinical trails: Acute abdomen, appetite increase, constipation, dermatitis or rash, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, hair loss/dry hair, increased urinary frequency/volume, insomnia, light-headedness, nervous tension, vaginal dryness, vertigo, weight gain/loss.

Patients on prolonged clomiphene citrate tablets USP therapy may show elevated serum levels of desmoschol. This is most likely due to a direct interference with cholesterols synthesis. However, the serum sterols in patients receiving the recommended dose of clomiphene citrate tablets USP are not significantly altered. Ovarian cancer has been infrequently reported in patients who have received fertility drugs. Infertility is a primary risk factor for ovarian cancer; however, epidemiology data suggest that prolonged use of clomiphene citrate tablets USP may increase the risk of a borderline or invasive ovarian tumor.

Postmarketing Adverse Events

The following adverse experiences were reported spontaneously with clomiphene citrate tablets USP. The cause and effect relationship of the listed events to the administration of clomiphene citrate tablets USP is not known.

Dermatologic: Acne, allergic reaction, erythema, erythema multiforme, erythema nodosum, hypertrichosis, pruritus.

Central Nervous System: Migraine headache, paresthesia, seizure, stroke, syncope.

Psychiatric: Anxiety irritability, mood changes, psychosis.

Clomid made me question my sexuality. It was really scary. I found myself crying to the season finaly of Sex and the City, and thought to myself ... "Am I gay?" ... lol.

This thread is hillarious. A bunch of peeps arguing with each other, all with fucked up outrageous amounts of hormones pumping through their blood or PCT drugs kicking in. Good times. :)

H-isBack said:
Can you see from this thread what they have dont to me!? I paid good money for a PLAT membership and they have taken it away from me becase i something to say, its sad in a so called democratic world we "civilised" human beings live in.

its not worth it so i will stay an "ordinary member" if im allowed of course

H
u expect us to believe this is hisback ?

DIVISION said:
I've never been on clomid for an extended period of time, but I do notice when I am on even 50MG ed, I tend to act like a petulant child, lashing out like a vengeful bitch on the rebound. Clomid turns grown me in to Presyn PMS bitches.
DIV

:chomp:

where you been division? good to see you back.

daemian said:
in addition to feeling intensely jealous (for example, I was ready to puke thinking about my wife's sexual behavior in high school, ten years before we even knew each other), I got horrible acne during PCT, presumably from Clomid. Several months later, I still have really bad acne on my shoulders and chest. I'm starting to wonder if the acne is here to stay. what the fuck?

ditto!

I had those feelings coming off a EQ/Proviron, but I used Nolva, WTF?

Ulter said:
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 1991 Jul-Aug;20(4):321-7.

Clomiphene-induced mood swings.

Blenner JL.

School of Nursing, San Diego State University, CA 92182-0254.

A study of couples' perceptions of infertility treatment with clomiphene (clomiphene citrate) revealed mood swings in 9 out of 14 women using the drug. This paper describes the mood swings and the responses of women and their spouses. Three phases of mood swing response emerged from the data: lacking awareness of the relation of the mood swings to the drug; gaining awareness of that relation; and managing the mood swings. The results of the study provide important information for nurses counseling couples who are experiencing clomiphene-induced mood swings.

Am J Psychiatry. 1997 Aug;154(8):1169-70.

Clomiphene-induced psychosis.

Oyffe I, Lerner A, Isaacs G, Harel Y, Sigal M.

Can Med Assoc J. 1982 Jan 15;126(2):118.

Clomiphene citrate as a possible cause of psychosis.

Cashman FE, Sheppard R.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Clomiphene citrate as a possible cause of a psychotic reaction during infertility treatment
F Siedentopf, B Horstkamp, G Stief and H Kentenich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, DRK-Kliniken Westend, Berlin, Germany.

Secondary side-effects often occur in women undergoing hormonal stimulation treatment with clomiphene citrate. In general 10.4% of women experience hot flushing, 5.5% have complaints caused by enlargement of the ovaries and 3.5% experience central nervous symptoms (nervousness, sleeplessness, headaches, visual disturbances, vertigo). During ovarian stimulation with clomiphene citrate for in-vitro fertilization, a 32 year old patient developed psychotic symptoms, commencing 3 days after initiation of treatment. Hospitalization in the psychiatric ward became necessary when severe formal and rational thought disturbances arose together with perceptory and sensory delusions. Under neuroleptic treatment the symptoms improved. Nevertheless, follow-up psychiatric care on an outpatient basis was deemed necessary. The infertility treatment was continued with human menopausal gonadotrophin stimulation. Psychiatric instability occurred neither at this point nor during the 2 year follow-up observation period. Both an exogenous psychosis (ICD F23.9) as well as the exacerbation of an endogenous psychosis (ICD F29) may be considered for the differential diagnosis. The stimulation with clomiphene citrate in connection with the physical and psychic stress of the infertility therapy can be regarded as the trigger factor. For patients with evidence of psychiatric illness in their case history, ovulation- inducing substances such as clomiphene citrate should be implemented with particular care.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the FDA

SIDE EFFECTS

Clinical Events

Trial Adverse: Clomiphene citrate Tablets USP at recommended dosages, is generally well tolerated. Adverse reactions usually have been mild and transient and most have disappeared promptly after treatment has been discontinued.

Includes 495 patients whose reports may have been duplicated in the event totals and could not be distinguished as such. Also, excludes 47 patients who did not report symptom data.

The following adverse events have been reported in fewer than 1% of patients in clinical trails: Acute abdomen, appetite increase, constipation, dermatitis or rash, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, hair loss/dry hair, increased urinary frequency/volume, insomnia, light-headedness, nervous tension, vaginal dryness, vertigo, weight gain/loss.

Patients on prolonged clomiphene citrate tablets USP therapy may show elevated serum levels of desmoschol. This is most likely due to a direct interference with cholesterols synthesis. However, the serum sterols in patients receiving the recommended dose of clomiphene citrate tablets USP are not significantly altered. Ovarian cancer has been infrequently reported in patients who have received fertility drugs. Infertility is a primary risk factor for ovarian cancer; however, epidemiology data suggest that prolonged use of clomiphene citrate tablets USP may increase the risk of a borderline or invasive ovarian tumor.

Postmarketing Adverse Events

The following adverse experiences were reported spontaneously with clomiphene citrate tablets USP. The cause and effect relationship of the listed events to the administration of clomiphene citrate tablets USP is not known.

Dermatologic: Acne, allergic reaction, erythema, erythema multiforme, erythema nodosum, hypertrichosis, pruritus.

Central Nervous System: Migraine headache, paresthesia, seizure, stroke, syncope.

Psychiatric: Anxiety irritability, mood changes, psychosis.

It would seem this post has some credibility afterall!!

H

geoboy said:
yup, clomid makes me an emotional little bitch, and I'm usually machine-like (according to various significant others).

when I was a kid, before puberty performed its testosterone magic, I remember crying myself to sleep for a week when my pet beagle got run over. the only adult time I ever felt the same way was when a clomid run coincided with a breakup with an ex. sucked bigtime, and I didnt know why I was reacting that way, so out of character. and she knew how busted up I was about it.

after I figured out it was the clomid, I almost called her to tell her "SEE BITCH, IT WAS THE CLOMID, NOT YOU, THAT WAS MAKING ME CRY". :-}

-

lmao

Thanks a lot for this thread guys. I've been considering throwing Clomid into my first cycle in 10 years, but have decided against it. I'm going through a divorce and have experienced psychosis from prolonged use of ephedrine, and fucking hate losing control like that.

Top Bottom