Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok i never show my legs...

my calves are a bitch to build up.. plus i didn't do much leg stuff for a while because i had been (falsely) told not to... don't get me started...

so, they're not as far along as i'd like, but oh well.

Who ever advised you not to do your legs was probably thinking you might put on size. Which is very easy with legs. Comparing your legs with with rest off your body in that photo you really don't need size in them, just a little a little toning. Anyway photo taken direct on are the worst type, to show any definintion you need a little side lighting.
Good luck with the calves, you've either got them or not. Most most find that their calve development is mostly down to genetic.
Bouncer

If someone EVER tells you NOT to train any bodypart DO NOT LISTEN...they obviously do not know what they are talking about.....the only time you would not train something is if you are injured. Keep training em heavy and hard....put some mass on girl:)

Very nice set of gams! The good news is that I'll bet you start to see gains quickly. I agree, your size is good, just a little toning needed. Calves aren't bad either considering your overall leg size.

You're a lucky woman! Your legs have nice shape and don't carry much body fat. Work 'em hard and heavy, and it won't be long before the definition pops out.

What are you doing for your calves? For the past few months, I've been prioritizing calves. I was in a store trying on shoes the other day and caught a view of them in the store mirror - pleasant surprise! (I guess the different mirror helped.)

I work them twice a week, doing mostly heavy weight for low reps (like 6-8), a lot of strip sets, etc. Using really short rest periods too. One day I'll do heavy on the soleus and light/high rep on the gastros, then do the opposite on calf day #2. Also, whenever I have to stand anywhere, I'll do calf raises and really concentrate on squeezing hard at the top.

They're not "there" yet but getting close! I don't have natural calf genetics either, so it's cool seeing they really can change in spite of that.

i tend to do two sets of calf raises to failure once a week...

right now i'm sick so i'm doing nothing.

i also jog which i guess is somewhat relevant (but not really)

how long did it take to get your calves to respond?

A good leg routine will help you lay on the muscle. As it has already been stated, but is so important, don't neglect any part of your body :)

I bet you will look at this pic in a couple of months, and be suprised at the difference.

Top Bottom