Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oh Brother! Skinny Bitch...

I think the issue with being a veggie/vegan is that you really have to know what you are doing.

I think that this diet could suit some people, but it isn't going to suit everyone.

Like I mentioned I was a veggie/vegan for ages, but I should have realised my body really likes a lot of protein, which is hard to get on a veggie diet unless you eat a lot of tofu, tempeh, seitan.

B12 is also an issue unless you eat things like engivita yeast (which tastes yucky).

If as a veggie, you are eating

- a whole grain - quinoa (really high in protein), spelt, kamut, buckwheat, brown rice, rice berries, rye etc

- a bean - aduki, lentils, soya, black eyed peas, pinto, chickpeas, kidney etc

OR real tofu, tempeh, seitan, not those fake meat replacement rubbish

- a green - kale, beetroot greens, summer greens, spinach etc

- veggies (most people eat a very limited number of veggies, you have to eat WIDE on a veggie diet)

- a sea vegetable - hijiki, kelp, kombu, ariama

+ a few other bits like nutritional mushrooms like shitaki, seeds and nuts + good quality sea salt, nutritional yeast

IN ALMOST EVERY SINGLE MEAL

Then you will be alright.

And remarkably healthy IF your metabolism is suited to this type of diet.

Eating this way is where I first learned the most about a healthy diet, I just expanded it from this point.

Stefka said:
A lot of people become vegan to mask an eating disorder.
I was vegan for 6 years.
I didn't give a crap about the animals. I just wanted an excuse not to eat.

Yup. Sad part is when these women have kids... I have seen them refuse to give their kids meat but will let the kid have a poptart for breakfast. :rolleyes:

one of my son in law's is a veggie.. in the last year he as lost most of his muscle, and kept the tire around his waist, or at least it looks that way..

we'll see more this summer vacation.. not sure my daughter likes sleeping with a man that is the same size as her, but she has a thin waist..

BIKINIMOM said:
Yup. Sad part is when these women have kids... I have seen them refuse to give their kids meat but will let the kid have a poptart for breakfast. :rolleyes:

my grand daughter begs me for fried eggs every morning she is here (2x week) her dad hates it, her mom thinks it's so funny..

I feed her pork, chicken, tuna, beef, ( she is 1 1/2 yrs old).. and i don't give any of them any sugar at all..

It allows them to focus their attention on what is at hand..

curvymommy, I think you're perfect just the way you are!

Tatyana said:
I think the issue with being a veggie/vegan is that you really have to know what you are doing.

I think that this diet could suit some people, but it isn't going to suit everyone.

Like I mentioned I was a veggie/vegan for ages, but I should have realised my body really likes a lot of protein, which is hard to get on a veggie diet unless you eat a lot of tofu, tempeh, seitan.

B12 is also an issue unless you eat things like engivita yeast (which tastes yucky).

- a whole grain - quinoa (really high in protein), spelt, kamut, buckwheat, brown rice, rice berries, rye etc

- veggies (most people eat a very limited number of veggies, you have to eat WIDE on a veggie diet)

+ a few other bits like nutritional mushrooms like shitaki, seeds and nuts + good quality sea salt, nutritional yeast

Eating this way is where I first learned the most about a healthy diet, I just expanded it from this point.

Wow Tat I wish I could find a women with your knowledge in this field and could help me everyday. I graduated with a degree in Kinesiology and your blow me away with everything you know.

BIKINIMOM said:
Two things:

1. Never trust anyone who does not eat meat.

2. You know why skinny women are always so bitchy? IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE SO DAMNED HUNGRY - DUH.

exactly... neither mind nor body does well without adequate nutrition...

Tatyana said:

thus, why I'm no longer a vegetarian.

bleh.

lol

Top Bottom