Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

nice chest day... for me!

TheOak84 said:
ya, i work flat bench so hard, everything is fried. :(

when i do my work sets, my last rep is a rest pause, usually. a rest pause to me is where i rest the weight on my chest for 2-3 seconds, then explode up. is that what you mean by rest pause too?

Either way of doing rest pauses is fine. However, i think you will notice the biggest difference at the very end of your workout. Try and save the rest pauses for the end with a heavier weight than you repped. You should see some good dividends.

Oak,
I thought this may be important for you to see one of my chest workouts so that you have an idea of what i do.
wednesday chest workout:
incline barbell bench:
135 x 20
185 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 10
315 x 8 ...enough!

decline barbell bench:
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 10
365 x 10
405 x 5 (no one touching the bar on any of my reps)

i sometimes mix up incline and decline and give flat the week off since flat and decline are so similar.

cwick0 said:
Oak,
I thought this may be important for you to see one of my chest workouts so that you have an idea of what i do.
wednesday chest workout:
incline barbell bench:
135 x 20
185 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 10
315 x 8 ...enough!

decline barbell bench:
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 10
365 x 10
405 x 5 (no one touching the bar on any of my reps)

i sometimes mix up incline and decline and give flat the week off since flat and decline are so similar.

u work chest once a week?

Yep, usually on mondays, but this week and next are all screwed up. My partner was out of the country.

i do a lot of mix and match for my chest routines, i use to always have things completely planned out. Now my partner and i discuss our goals for the day and focus our routine around that.

i often mix flat barbell with db incline, incline barbell with flat barbell (or vice versa), or incline barbell and flat dbs (not very often do i use this technique though), etc.

You see why i dont pair up tris with my bench? I am dead after benching.

FORGOT ONE THING...two sets of flat pushups after the decline. we always do pushups to finish our chest off. Normally are feet are on a bench and we do decline pushups, but since we did decline we did normal pushups.

sometimes we will do 2 sets of cables, then 2 sets of pushups, both to failure

i do tris on chest day, but only 1 power movement which i consider over head ext. i guess i do 2, because i do dips after that but those are till failure.. all thats on monday,

then delts and tris on thurs, thats where i do presses and such, cgb, dips (with belt) and skulls

i like to keep the same evercises for 3 weeks, then do something different for a week, then go back to the old routine. so ill prolly hit up ur chest work out variation after hst is over,

thanx

Sounds good, but the sad thing is we did this set/rep routine just for the hell of it.

The most mass i have ever gained has come from doing 3 sets of 10 at the same weight. Let me look for an example ive already typed and you can tweak it to.

found an example, plus a little more of a background:
warm-up: 10-20 reps @ 135
warm-up: 10 reps @ 225
warm-up: 6 reps @ 275
1st set: 10 reps @ 315
2nd set: 10 reps @ 315
3rd set: 10 reps @ 315
rest pauses: 3 reps @ 335, 345, 355, 365

All on flat bench. Every now and then use a similar routine for incline.
I have put 2-3 inches on my chest since doing this exercise. You may feel like you regress at first, but it will pay dividends. All of your buddies will be shocked.

When i started doing this routine, i could do 365 for 5 reps on a good day and i could only do 1 set of 315 for 10 reps. I have dramatically increased over the past year. Now, i rep 315 for 3 sets of 15 reps (flat), rest pause 405 for 3. My incline has moved up to 3 sets of 10 @ 275. When i push it and go heavy (sets of 6 as high as i can go without failing to do 6 reps) on incline i am up to 335 for 5 reps.

My training partner (5'7" 175lbs) couldnt do 225 for a set of 10 eight months and now can knock out 225 for 3 sets of 12.

cwick0 said:
Sounds good, but the sad thing is we did this set/rep routine just for the hell of it.

The most mass i have ever gained has come from doing 3 sets of 10 at the same weight. Let me look for an example ive already typed and you can tweak it to.

Ive noticed that too, i like training inthe 8-12 rep range with 3-4 sets.

Top Bottom