Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NFL- how does your team look as of right now

Well the dolphins finally have gotten a running back. If he lives up and performs this year, i look for Fiedler to have a breakout season. With a running game they can be a very good offense. If the defense holds up, which it usually does, this team could be very balanced, all around. If they stay healthy and if ricky performs, the fins should win the division once again this year.

I'm pretty happy with what new head coach Mike Tice and the Vikings have done this year. They have been aggressive in free agency and taken steps to significantly shore up the defense. They brought in Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Brommel, Henri Crockett, Corey Chavous, and Ronnie Bradford who will all probably start from day one.

Their first pick in the draft was solid by grabbing Bryant "Mount" McKinnie who will help fill the void left by the tragic death of Korey Stringer, and the losses of Todd Steussie. Beyond McKinnie the draft was questionable in that they brought in some defensive players who were drafted above where the draft experts placed them. Some of them may work out however.

I'm hopeful that Culpepper will stay healthy this year, Moss will improve and take a leadership role with Carter gone. Michael Bennett who they drafted out of Wisconsin last year showed real promise toward the end of last year by waiting for his blockers and being patient. The key will be the next wave of free agents on June 1st. They really need another starting receiver and will likely go after either Derrick Alexander or Keenan McCardell. D'Wayne Bates who they picked up from Chicago could turn into a good third receiver. I don't think they'll have the ability to beat the Bears, but they should place above the Lions and the Packers and potentially vie for a wildcard.

slickdadd said:
Well the dolphins finally have gotten a running back. If he lives up and performs this year, i look for Fiedler to have a breakout season. With a running game they can be a very good offense. If the defense holds up, which it usually does, this team could be very balanced, all around. If they stay healthy and if ricky performs, the fins should win the division once again this year.

maybe true, but will they flounder in the first round of the playoffs like they always do?

The Nature Boy said:

maybe true, but will they flounder in the first round of the playoffs like they always do?

Of course they will! Notice i left out the playoff part ;) I've learned, as a dolphins fan, to leave out the playoffs in all conversation, expectations, and participation in fanhood. It helps out a lot.

bigschweeler said:
I'm pretty happy with what new head coach Mike Tice and the Vikings have done this year. They have been aggressive in free agency and taken steps to significantly shore up the defense. They brought in Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Brommel, Henri Crockett, Corey Chavous, and Ronnie Bradford who will all probably start from day one.

Moss will improve and take a leadership role with Carter gone. Michael Bennett who they drafted out of Wisconsin last year showed real promise toward the end of last year by waiting for his blockers and being patient

I don't think they'll have the ability to beat the Bears, but they should place above the Lions and the Packers and potentially vie for a wildcard.

i cut some of your stuff but

paragraph one... yes, the defense was AWFUL, but replacing bad football players with marginally mediocre ones isnt that great in the grand scheme of things...

paragraph 2, moss and leadership? hahahahahahahahaha

paragraph 3 mention of placing above the lions is not a real positive thing.

I'm just hoping that 3/4 of the team can stay out of jail between now and the...or at least be released to play on Sunday's.

GO OAKLAND!!!!

B True

Latimer--if you have not already, check the Bears web site and read about Don Beebe's 'House of Speed' and the players from the Bears that are working with him. Its a good article that says a lot about why the Bears did what they did last year and why they will be tougher this year.

Hey man, what you got against jim miller?? He may not be flashy, but he is a winner, and with Marcus back---and Booker and the running game taking preasure off of Robinson, Miller will shine.

sausage Bears Ditka

:)

huntmaster said:
Latimer--if you have not already, check the Bears web site and read about Don Beebe's 'House of Speed' and the players from the Bears that are working with him. Its a good article that says a lot about why the Bears did what they did last year and why they will be tougher this year.

Hey man, what you got against jim miller?? He may not be flashy, but he is a winner, and with Marcus back---and Booker and the running game taking preasure off of Robinson, Miller will shine.

sausage Bears Ditka

:)

I haven't been following football news much since the draft I'll check that article out. Don Beebe brings back some memories. I totally forgot about that guy. That should definately help them out. Now if we could get Tom Waddle to run a camp to help them with hands. :)

Miller is a likable guy and I love how honest he is with the fans and media. He just doesn't have the tools to be a top tier QB, he never did have them. The Bears really never had a truly awesome QB. McMahon was sweet, but he got over on his attitude and antics. He would tear it up now and again, but he wasn't consistant. The way I see it, Chandler will be starting from the get go, contrary to the reports.

madbomber31 said:

i cut some of your stuff but

paragraph one... yes, the defense was AWFUL, but replacing bad football players with marginally mediocre ones isnt that great in the grand scheme of things...

paragraph 2, moss and leadership? hahahahahahahahaha

paragraph 3 mention of placing above the lions is not a real positive thing.

"marginally mediocre"? Chavous and Bradford are two of the smartest secondary players in the NFL. Mixon is still developing. I agree that they haven't picked up the top caliber free agents, but the moves they did made will dramatically improve the defense.

I think people don't give Moss enough credit. Despite his "I play when I want to" quote, and some of the other off the field stuff, you can't argue his talent or the numbers he has put up so far.

Placing above the Lions isn't a real positive thing, and I think at best they can get a wild card, but coming off a 5-11 season that would be a huge improvement.

And MB being the HUGE Vikings fan that I am, I seriously doubt I am looking at this objectively. If I wasn't a fan of them I would probably agree with you, and castigate Moss for his actions. However I tend to see things with purple tinted glasses.

Top Bottom