Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nelmsjer's 2006 Journal

Hey, all! Man, things sure are quiet at EF on the weekends!

Today's workout, with reps of 5 at each weight:

Squat: 169/211/253/295/337
Bench: 123/154/185/215/246
Power cleans: 99/124/149/174/199

Pretty tired today, but the workout was great. I hate not having a shake during and after. I can tell there is a difference.

I don't get over here much so I decided to take a little walk around the board and LOOKIE WHO I FOUND!!!!!!!!

Hey, Nelms! :wavey:

nelmsjer said:
Hey, all! Man, things sure are quiet at EF on the weekends!

Today's workout, with reps of 5 at each weight:

Squat: 169/211/253/295/337
Bench: 123/154/185/215/246
Power cleans: 99/124/149/174/199

Pretty tired today, but the workout was great. I hate not having a shake during and after. I can tell there is a difference.

Pre-workout shakes with whey, creatine and dextrose always did me well. I'd follow a session with whey + dextrose. Never had one during - just water.

carlsuen said:
nelmjer.. are your original weights in kgs? why don't u post them as such then? rather confusing to see such odd numbers on lbs.. just a thought..

hey, bud, actually I've been lazy when posting. There are 2 issues with my numbers:

1) I'm copying and pasting from the Excel spreadsheet that calculates the workout weights (madcow's), so the numbers are straight from there. I may round up or down, or I may keep the exact weight. Either way, the weight I lifted is never more than 2 lbs. off of what is listed.
2) IP and I have 1.5 lb. ankle weights that we use to add 3 lbs, when needed. So, sometimes the weights are exact, which doesn't make it end in 5 or 0. :)

Good workout today :)

Everything felt easy. I had a slightly sharp pain along the medial joint line of my left knee on the 3rd set of overhead squats. It went away after the 2nd rep, and that was it. I'm feeling great. My weight is holding steady at 207.5 - 208. Everything was done for sets of 5 reps.

Overhead Squat: 103/125/145/166 - 4th set was better than my 3rd
Push Press: 93/110/130/148 - actually much easier than last week
Deadlift: 225/268/315/356 - started the technique of doing stiff-leg deadlift on the way down, and then bend to floor at the knees. Feels MUCH better making it a 2-part eccentric.
Pullups: 3 sets of 5 @ bodyweight

Nothing much else to report. I'm hoping I'll keep the bodyweight the same and lean out a little bit over the next 2 weeks before vacation. If not...oh well! :)

You don't seem to have much difficulty with the OH squat, nice work.

And I lower the bar in 2-parts too, RDL it to my knees, then controlled drop. Or at least I try to, it still makes a clunking noise.

Thanks, Jim! I think I will make progress on the OH squats for quite a while. For me, it's a lot more of a stability issue than a strength issue, so I think it will just keep climbing. I hope so, anyway!!

Damn your overhead squats are strong,cant wait till I am that strong at them lol.Anyway good workout,keep it up :rainbow: .

Top Bottom