Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nelmsjer's 2006 Journal

blut wump said:
Congrats on having learned from your experiences. ;)

Have you tried straight egg-white? It reputedly has the highest bio-availability rating of any food.

Thanks. Isn't the School of Hard Knocks great?! :worried:

I think egg whites are the direction I am going to go with. I'll just order a couple of pounds and go with it!

Anthrax Invasion said:
Nelm, I wouldn't sprint on off days if it's right between training days (i.e., don't sprint Tuesday or Thursday when you lift Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). Hormonally, training two heavy days in a row (and yes, sprints should be seen as a workout, AND HEAVY) will fuck you up. Honestly, I'd drop a squatting session (say, Wednesday or Friday squats) and sprint in place of squats on that day. Sprinting (not even all out, mind you) will give your lower body plenty of work, and if you're sprinting for transfer over to sport or anything, it'll do you much greater service than squatting that extra day will.

Here's a good article to help organize training, if you ever need it:

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/highlow.html

First, thanks for the article. I have it printed and will read it this afternoon, assuming things calm down here.

Regarding the sprints, I should probably loosely clarify the word sprints. I am not talking about full out, vomit-inducing sprints. I'm talking about 70-80% of that. It's enough speed to push a little and get about 90+% of the range of motion of a full sprint, without all of the effort. It helps "open" the hips and keeps the flexibility there, without inducing the massive amounts of fatigue. My plan from now on is just to do about 6-8 of those per week.

Does it technically affect my ability to recover? Yes. However, I personally believe that it will IMPROVE my ability to recover. Granted, if they were full sprints, I would be leaning toward your side on this one. :) Were I sprinting all out, your suggestion of replacing the Wednesday squats with them would be excellent!

*Bunny* said:
*AHEM* I'm a chick and I post mine every 10 days of so ... AFTER my bulk ...

No EXCUSES!!! :velvett: :velvett: :velvett: to infinity

None given. See the pictures and weep. Fear the fatness.

the mighty Jim Ouini said:
Impressive. I did 365 x 5 x 5 today and was pretty tired. Don't think I could've done 10 x 4.

NOT BAD, yourself! Just consider that it is one less rep, and there was about 3 minutes rest between each one. I'll bet you could do it.

nelmsjer said:
And now for the moment absolutely NONE of us have been waiting for:

It's time to reveal the current state of fatness. You can see why I'm getting uncomfortable...

On a positive note, this will make my after pics look great, right? (So the theory goes...)
Atta boy. Thank you. Right Trap pic my fave. Your wifey is fyne Nelms :)

Now I can add you to the list of being your own worst critic :) I cannot wait to see the cutting progression, not to specifically pick a fave part (ahem IP) but I can see why your lifts have been impressive.

I really detest feeling uncomfortable in my own skin ... I don't need to preach to you about what you ALREADY know so ... in the words of Shadow "SFTU & Train"

nfjpco.gif

*Bunny* said:
Atta boy. Thank you. Right Trap pic my fave. Your wifey is fyne Nelms :)

Now I can add you to the list of being your own worst critic :) I cannot wait to see the cutting progression, not to specifically pick a fave part (ahem IP) but I can see why your lifts have been impressive.

I really detest feeling uncomfortable in my own skin ... I don't need to preach to you about what you ALREADY know so ... in the words of Shadow "SFTU & Train"

nfjpco.gif

The wifey is BEYOND fine, believe me. She's absofrickinlutely amazing. God blessed me, for sure.

Thanks for the encouragement and compliments. I appreciate it a lot. :)

Oh, and thanks for the work you put into IP's PM. YOU ROCK!!! :garza:

Today's training was great. Felt strong the entire time.

Squats: reps of 5/5/5/5/3/8 with 165/206/247/288/337/247 - I think I grinned the entire time. I felt strong, and I freaking love these.

Bench: reps of 5/5/5/5/3/8 with 120150/180/210/246/180 - my shoulder hurt after the 246. After the 180, I could barely externally rotate it without pain. I moved it around for about 90 seconds, and it suddenly went away completely. Hmmmm.....

Power cleans: reps of 5/5/5/5/3 with 97/121/145/169/198 - unfortunately, we simply ran out of time on this workout. As such, there was no final set of 8.

GREAT workout. Now, I have a question. I am using less weight for power cleans then I could have for bent rows. I'm curious if the benefits of the power cleans at a lighter weight (about 30 lbs.) outweight the overall workload I'm missing. Make sense?

nelmsjer said:
GREAT workout. Now, I have a question. I am using less weight for power cleans then I could have for bent rows. I'm curious if the benefits of the power cleans at a lighter weight (about 30 lbs.) outweight the overall workload I'm missing. Make sense?
I would guess that the force generated by performing power cleans is MUCH greater than the force when puling a row, so the actual work performed is greater for PC's. Jsut kinda guessing at that but it makes sense to me.

That's the way it seemed to me. I found them to be overall more work. From a pure physics viewpoint calculate weight x distance lifted. Cleans win.

Once again you guys point out the obvious that I was missing. The combination of Power and Distance make a huge difference. Thanks and K to both (if I haven't hit you recently) :)

nelmsjer said:
Today's training was great. Felt strong the entire time.

Squats: reps of 5/5/5/5/3/8 with 165/206/247/288/337/247 - I think I grinned the entire time. I felt strong, and I freaking love these.

Good stuff. While you're grinning, I have a 'Bruce Lee-constipated-yet-surprised look' when I squat.

BTW, I can only view thumbnails but you look pretty thick, especially your legs and back. Oh, and your abs are definitely more 'visible' than mine :)

Jim, I'm pretty sure you could eat Bruce Lee for breakfast. You: constipated. Him: surprised.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Top Bottom