Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need more traps

freakazoid

i have came to the conclusion that my traps are unpreportional to the rest of me.i do heavy shrugs,upright row they wont grow.mabe they need a good old site inj to get em growin.anyone with coleman traps please help.

I don't know if I'm the best person for advise when it comes to building traps. The reason is, my traps grow so easily, I seldom train them. Just good genetics I suppose.

However when I do train them, I get an amazing workout from behind-the-back barbell shrugs. It's basically a typical barbell shrug, but the bar is behind you as opposed to infront of you. This seems to focus more of the overall traps than just the top around the neck.

Behind-the-back dumbell shrugs work great as well. Remember Mr. Olympia Lee Haney who won 7 titles? He had humungous traps, and he performed behind-the-back dumbell shrugs quite often. With the dumbell shrugs you should be in the position to brush the palms of your hands (dumbell in hand) along the back of your thighs. Lifting from the rear as opposed to the front or side. Excellent exercise, and the only exercises I do for my traps.

My traps grow so easily I train them only twice a month. ;)

You could try some heavy deadlifts once a week for a few months, they are great for traps.

Koen

for the traps only!

i believe that it's not about the heavy weight it's about slow controlled range of motion . Squeezing the muscle at the the high point of the rep and stretching the muscle on the way down . Choose a weight thats heavy enough where you can do 8-10 controlled reps where the last rep you feel your traps are going to explode . My favorite trap exercises:Dum. shrugs,up right rows,barbell behind back.
TRAIN HARD AND THEY WILL GROW!!!!!!!

Top Bottom