Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need major diet assistance

Goose102

Here are my stats:

Hieght: 6'3
Weight: 197 lbs
BF%: somewhere around 14-15%

I have been just eating clean lately. I don't know if im eating to less or what?
Could someone tell me about how many cals i shouild be consuming daily to lose about 1-2 lbs of fat per week?

I would greatly appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

eh, if ur active and exercising try not to dip below 2,000..probably around 2200 for a healthy 1lb per week..

Goose102 said:
Here are my stats:

Hieght: 6'3
Weight: 197 lbs
BF%: somewhere around 14-15%

I have been just eating clean lately. I don't know if im eating to less or what?
Could someone tell me about how many cals i shouild be consuming daily to lose about 1-2 lbs of fat per week?

I would greatly appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

use this

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I am not a fan of formulas, they are notoriously off. Diets are too individualistic to just calculate some random number, then even worse some random macros and follow that. Way too many variables. How carb tolerant are you for example?

Simple way to begin, write down everything you put in your mouth right now. With your currrent activity level(energy expenditure), are you gaining? Losing? Staying the same? From here you can make intelligent calorie decisions. When you find maintenance for you, then a calorie cut of 10-15% is a good way to go, will not have a huge impact on workouts, the body will not react negatively as it would to too large a calorie cut.

Normal numbers are for most folks, 15 calories per lb. is close to maintenance. Drop below that as mentioned about 10-15% and you will begin to see results. The calorie deficit can come from all food, increased energy expenditure, or a combination of both. As a note, the incrased energy expenditure can only last a short time, there is a point where you will either burn out with too much exericise or just run out of things to add and never get done. So dietary is a practically a must.

Lifterforlife said:
I am not a fan of formulas, they are notoriously off. Diets are too individualistic to just calculate some random number, then even worse some random macros and follow that. Way too many variables. How carb tolerant are you for example?

Simple way to begin, write down everything you put in your mouth right now. With your currrent activity level(energy expenditure), are you gaining? Losing? Staying the same? From here you can make intelligent calorie decisions. When you find maintenance for you, then a calorie cut of 10-15% is a good way to go, will not have a huge impact on workouts, the body will not react negatively as it would to too large a calorie cut.

Normal numbers are for most folks, 15 calories per lb. is close to maintenance. Drop below that as mentioned about 10-15% and you will begin to see results. The calorie deficit can come from all food, increased energy expenditure, or a combination of both. As a note, the incrased energy expenditure can only last a short time, there is a point where you will either burn out with too much exericise or just run out of things to add and never get done. So dietary is a practically a must.

Did you notice how you contradicted yourself? You say formulas are notoriously off and then begin to give a formula. Note the writing in bold

Anyway, experimentation and experience are the only way he will he results is though his own work, but formulas can give a good baseline as to where to start

gjohnson5 said:
Did you notice how you contradicted yourself? You say formulas are notoriously off and then begin to give a formula. Note the writing in bold

Anyway, experimentation and experience are the only way he will he results is though his own work, but formulas can give a good baseline as to where to start

No, if you read the post correctly, I did not give a formula, I figured some clown would say that, somehow I figured it would be you. ;)

My post says this is a number that is used alot for normal maintenance, it is not a formula. It was simply a generic number to use if he did not want to go the route he should, as I stated in the first paragraph, by writing down everything.

Post interpretation rather than looking for something wrong can be a useful thing.

Lifterforlife said:
No, if you read the post correctly, I did not give a formula, I figured some clown would say that, somehow I figured it would be you. ;)

My post says this is a number that is used alot for normal maintenance, it is not a formula. It was simply a generic number to use if he did not want to go the route he should, as I stated in the first paragraph, by writing down everything.

Post interpretation rather than looking for something wrong can be a useful thing.

"weight * 15 = maintenance calories" in not a formula?
Not only have you contradicted yourself but you need a dictionary and look up the word formula. No, I will let you do that

I think my post interpretation is right on the money , you just need to admit your mistake.

gjohnson5 said:
"weight * 15 = maintenance calories" in not a formula?
Not only have you contradicted yourself but you need a dictionary and look up the word formula. No, I will let you do that

I think my post interpretation is right on the money , you just need to admit your mistake.

I simply gave the guy a way out if he did not want to do it correctly, I did not emphasize some formula for him to use to begin with.

Maybe the poster can interpret the post and explain it to you.

Top Bottom