Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with building bigger triceps!!

petertodd92

Hi, I'll give you the low down first; I'm an Ecto-meso as I've noticed that my chest and back react quickly to weight training but my triceps and shoulders in particular don't. I have started to eat alot of food to try and put on mass. I was wondering what kind of rep range and amount of exercises I should be doing for gains for my body type as my ectomorphic traits are small joints like my wrists and elbows. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Just make sure you stretch and warm up REALLY good before those skull crushers. If you dont they will take your tricep tendons(where they attatch to the elbow) and bend them over and ass rape them dry.
Dont jump right into heavy skulls. I did that alot in my 20's and have the damage now to prove it. Read up on DC training and apply the stretching techniques to triceps (everything actually).

Personally :

*Close grip flat bench BB
*same as above but decline bench.
*reverse grip flat bench BB
*dips or seated dip machine
*press downs (slow and concentrated)
* skulls (if you can do them)

Heavy pressing helps

heavy narrow grip bench

heavy skull crushers

Good advice BTC.
pt92 pay attention to what BTC said about tendon issues. Build your body dont break it down by doing too much too soon.
Good luck bro!

Thanks bro, I speak from experience unfortunatley. If I were you, I would take a weightthat you might consider a good heavy working weight for a skull crusher(works with any exercise)That you would use an explosive type(momentum) rep movement to complete. Then try that same weight with absolute concentration and perfect form over the course of a 4-5 second rep. You wont be able to do it. Now lower the weight until you can do exactly that for 15 reps. Do that for a week. Then drop to 10 reps with the according weight. Then 8 or 6 reps ect. Sort of a HST style approach. For size, you may actually want to read up on HST(if you havnt allready). Lets you hit all the muscle groups more often.
Hypertrophy-Specific Training

Top Bottom