Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help on exercises and order. Thanks!

truwarrior22

I need some advice on getting back on track. I worked all summer and didn't have the time or energy to keep up at all.

Right now my workouts consist of in order:
Upper body days:
3x10 Bench
2x10 Incline
3x10 Pull downs
3x10 Military Press
3x10 Triceps
3x10 Biceps
Run one mile at 6:30 pace and sit-ups

Lower Body in order:
3x10 squat
3x10 extensions
3x10 curls
Run one mile at 6:30 pace and sit-ups

Sometimes I run before lifting...sometimes after...which would be best???

Some times if I got energy I'll do shrugs and upright row.
Thinking about starting the power clean again...

Usually do upper body 2-3 times a week and lower 2 times a week.

Should I add anything or am I getting most major muscle groups? I'm goin for strength and defining more then power, because when I start work again in 6 months I'm not goin to have the time like I do now to get in shape and don't want the muscle to turn into fat and stuff. Any tips would be great.

Should I mix up my biceps and triceps work outs every week by using a curl bar or dumbbells for biceps and the rope or steel bar for triceps?

Usually my work outs have all been at night around 8 or so. Thanks.

Let me know if you need ant more info! Thanks again for any suggestions.

BTW I dont' take any supplements beside multi vitamin pills.

Last edited:
I would suggest first of all breaking down your workouts into a split. Your probably overtraining hitting your upperbody 2-3x a week and your lower body 2x a week. I would seriously suggest training your body more infrequently and with more intensity. For example a good split that always worked well for me was...
day 1- chest, biceps
day 2- quads, hams, calves
day 3- rest
day 4- upper back, traps
day 5- shoulders, triceps
day 6- rest
day 7- rest
You might want to give this a shot and also I would suggest reading around on elitefitness for what works and what doesnt. There are a ton of beginner topics.
:D:D

Top Bottom