Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My traps

There are several exercises that r directed to the traps. Lately all I do is one exercise (barbell shrugs) with HEAVY ASS weight and accompanied by mass sets and reps. I do this cause there isnt a lot of exercises that wrk them well IMO, so 10 sets of heavy shrugs usually puts growth on me. Yea, wrkin them like this is tuff, but when i start worring bout wether things r tuff or not I check between my legs and c what there LMAO

Those r good too. but it seems for me I cant keep a grip and the weight that I need for db shrugs. I must have a puss grip.............A barbell allows me to utilize the deadlift grip during shrugs!!!

i have found barbell shrugs very good, heavy as you can go, 8-10 sets. I find my grip goes before my traps unfortunately, have to get some wrist straps!

the best trap exercise for me is machine shrugs, the one i use in my gym is actually a bench press machine, i just move the bench, grab the handles and shrug like is no ones business :D
+1 on that ozz. i have done this on the smith macine before. Easier on the back as well :)

also wanted to mention basically all of the different variations of rows, deadlifts, rack pulls, overhead shrugs,

i would also venture to say olympic lifts work your traps and maybe some overhead pressing movements- someone mind verifying this statement? i am not 100% on this

Investigate with variations of shrugs till you find your favourite - barbell, dumbell, machine, behind the back, rippetoe shrugs, trap bar shrugs, one arm cable shrug etc

if you have the patience to learn the olympic lifts then they will help with overall yoke size/strength. Snatch, hang snatch, power clean, hang power clean and high pulls are probably your best bet,

of course if you don't deadlift much or you are very weak on the deadlift then doing it more or going heavier or improving your deadlift will put more size on the traps than any shrug.

i do like a side raise but bent slightly over..it works delts, but kills the traps. i've found doing this high rep make the traps grow......along with other work outs mentioned

Top Bottom