Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Training Log

Hey Jen...I'd check out the npc website and just search up contests for your area. Depending on if you're natty or not, you could check out some of the other national organization websites (for the natties) and see what shows they have for the area you live in too. There are a few different orgs out there and I can give you the names if you need them. :)

I agree with cali. Check out which ones you want to do on the npc site first. Get you a goal date and go for it. Jen what class are you thinking about competing in? Bikini?

Sent from my DROIDX using EliteFitness

I agree with cali. Check out which ones you want to do on the npc site first. Get you a goal date and go for it. Jen what class are you thinking about competing in? Bikini?

I'm not super sure. I think I may be naturally too big for bikini and too small for figure. I'm 5'7" and 145 right now. With too high of bf. About 19-20 I think. I looked up the npc site and there's 2 contests here 3/31(which I think is way too soon especially with my knee not 100%) and one in June. Im scared to run into my ex who is a trainer and his ex wife that competes in fitness. :/ idk that shouldn't be a factor and maybe it won't by then.

I was wrong about the dates for the ones where I live but I think for my own sanity I should just do one in may in another city that I know they won't be at.

I was wrong about the dates for the ones where I live but I think for my own sanity I should just do one in may in another city that I know they won't be at.

If you want to be comp ready by may I would be getting my diet in ck immediately. Also a training routine that you can do intensely without making your knee injury worse. Losing the bf could definitely happen by then. Bikini you don't have to have the mass like you do in figure and don't have to be as shredded either. It is all up to you but if you decide figure we have to get some mass on you and quick. Which will be difficult to do while you are cutting at the same time. Once you decide how you want to go let us know and we will help all we can.

The one Im thinking of is May 5th. I think I should probably do bikini right now due to time and my knee(which by the way is alot better!!) I feel like I would feel more confident in that division right now. My diet is ok right now but definitely needs massive changes to actually compete. Im doing protein bar before my workout, shake and gatorade w/ bcaas and creatine post workout. an apple at work at 11. carrots at 1:15, chicken breast, veggies and an apple at 3:15, protein bar or fruit at 6, dinner of protein and veggies at 830. sometimes a protein bar before bed for my chocolate fix. Superbowl sunday was horrible for me! Thanks ow for all your help. Ill pull your leg workout you gave me back out today.

May 5th would give you about 12 weeks prep, which is doable but no room for error. I think bikini would be the way to go for the first show as well (outside of seeing pics) but would be the most realistic for the timeframe. The diet is 80% of the equation and would be where you'd need to start...like OWL said...pretty much immediately. Keep us posted and we'd be happy to help!

May 5th would give you about 12 weeks prep, which is doable but no room for error. I think bikini would be the way to go for the first show as well (outside of seeing pics) but would be the most realistic for the timeframe. The diet is 80% of the equation and would be where you'd need to start...like OWL said...pretty much immediately. Keep us posted and we'd be happy to help!

Thanks Cali! I'll try and post some current pics as soon as possible....not so cute right now :/

Diet is starting today for sure. at least what i think a good diet would be.

:qt:

I agree with the bikini division. Like cali said pics would help to see where you are. Also Jen your timing of your meals looks good. However you're not eating enough. I know this sounds crazy but you need more food. You should have a protein, complex carb, and good fat source on your earlier meals. Killing the carb for your late meal. Get you some casein chocolate flavored protein and kill that protein bar before bed. If you're really going to do this we need to get you on a good training routine and overhaul this diet immediately. I mean you have a great shape in your av and you could really do well. You just have to commit to the date and trust the process. You can do this girl!

I agree with the bikini division. Like cali said pics would help to see where you are. Also Jen your timing of your meals looks good. However you're not eating enough. I know this sounds crazy but you need more food. You should have a protein, complex carb, and good fat source on your earlier meals. Killing the carb for your late meal. Get you some casein chocolate flavored protein and kill that protein bar before bed. If you're really going to do this we need to get you on a good training routine and overhaul this diet immediately. I mean you have a great shape in your av and you could really do well. You just have to commit to the date and trust the process. You can do this girl!

Thanks owl!! I really want to do this! Im not eating as much bc I havent been working out much but ive been back at it m-f am. I got some Dymatize Elite again today 25g a serv. no more protein bar before bed. This is the meal plan I used previously:

Preworkout: 20g protein bar
Post workout: 25g shake, gatorade
Breakfast(10:45am):eggwhites with veggies and chicken. Add carb here?
Snack(1:15): 27 almonds and apple. Add protein or shake?
Lunch(3:15): Protein, veggies and sweet potatoes
Snack(6:00): 27 almonds and apple
Dinner(8:30): Protein and veggies
10:00pm Add shake?

I work 11-8 monday through friday so I've been working out from 8-9:30am and Sat mornings. I know thats not enough to get ready for the show. cant really workout after work bc the gym is only open til 9 so ill need to go earlier to get enough time to do all the cardio needed.

From my limited knowledge of competing I figure i need to be down to about 130-132lbs and need to do about 1-2 hours of cardio a day. i think....

Top Bottom