Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Snatch and Clean&Jerk Technique Videos!!!

Generally, you should be lowering the weight in a controlled fashion unless its too heavy to do so (for the bar's sake, unless you are using Eleiko). But really, the fun is whipping it up.

Are you a U of T student? I heard U of T has a OL team.... or a club? I wish my univ had an OL club. But then again, I've never seen anyone OL besides myself (except some guys doing crappy hang cleans).

Good to see back with the occasional post superrice. Nice technique on the lifts. If you have seen my attempts at hang snatch and hang clean you wouldnt want my advice :D

Good depth on the catch on the snatch.

Are your numbers going up rapidly due becoming more efficient at the movement?

Those snatches are excellent, the movement seems very natural for you.

For the snap with the clean, I would try what coolcolj suggested. Just play around with it a little. For your jerk, what you can do for more pop is this.....and I hope I can adequately explain it by typing....AS you dip, you want to rock the elbows down and move the wrists more to the position you'd press in, this builds momentum and speed and helps you remember to dip a little deeper, and I find it puts you in a stronger position for jerking.

d-dub: where can i see those videos of your cleans/snatches?

biggt: thanks for the advice, i'll give it a shot. i've never been a huge overhead presser so there is no real "comfort zone" for any overhead work :)

Top Bottom