Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Perhaps someone can shed some light on my dilemma

super_rice

Is snatch and clean&jerk progress inversely proportional?

When I was snatching around 85kg, I made a 115kg clean&jerk, relatively easy. Very easy jerk, recovery was a bit tough as my leg strength is lacking. Technique felt really solid at the time.

Then my pulling power seemed to shoot through the roof.

I power snatched 85kg at 80, then proceeded to snatch 100kg. The same workout I snatched 100kg, I decided to do some medium heavy C&Js, only worked up to 100kg (my snatch PR...). Clean it three times easily (almost power cleaned it inadvertantly) and missed the jerk all three times. Moved up to 105 after nailed 100 on third attempt. Missed jerk twice on 105 despite easy clean. Cleaned 110, missed jerk. Then missed 110 clean.

I was ok, this was probably since I was tired from the 100 snatch.

However, this has been happening for the last 2.5 weeks, pretty much since I power snatched 85kg. So although my snatch progress is awesome, I'm also snatching my C&J which is crazy. I've been missing jerks all over the place, and the jerk is my best part of the C&J. Historically, I can jerk anything I can clean (stand up from).

So my current PRs are 100/115, although the most I've ever put together are 100/105 @80.

Needless to say, C&J technique is not feeling solid or confident.

edit: not a loading issue. i've taken days off and am snatching near 100% but missing weights I can snatch.

this is actually pretty normal. one lift goes well, then the other one. rarely can you really put the pedal down on both at the same time. i dont really know why... it just works out that way most of the time.

also, its completely normal to have a bad week or two after a big personal record.

just dont beat your head against a wall on this. back off the jerk a little, use some lighter weight, find your tempo and positions again, and soon your jerk will be back.

super_rice said:
Is snatch and clean&jerk progress inversely proportional?

When I was snatching around 85kg, I made a 115kg clean&jerk, relatively easy. Very easy jerk, recovery was a bit tough as my leg strength is lacking. Technique felt really solid at the time.

Then my pulling power seemed to shoot through the roof.

I power snatched 85kg at 80, then proceeded to snatch 100kg. The same workout I snatched 100kg, I decided to do some medium heavy C&Js, only worked up to 100kg (my snatch PR...). Clean it three times easily (almost power cleaned it inadvertantly) and missed the jerk all three times. Moved up to 105 after nailed 100 on third attempt. Missed jerk twice on 105 despite easy clean. Cleaned 110, missed jerk. Then missed 110 clean.

I was ok, this was probably since I was tired from the 100 snatch.

However, this has been happening for the last 2.5 weeks, pretty much since I power snatched 85kg. So although my snatch progress is awesome, I'm also snatching my C&J which is crazy. I've been missing jerks all over the place, and the jerk is my best part of the C&J. Historically, I can jerk anything I can clean (stand up from).

So my current PRs are 100/115, although the most I've ever put together are 100/105 @80.

Needless to say, C&J technique is not feeling solid or confident.

edit: not a loading issue. i've taken days off and am snatching near 100% but missing weights I can snatch.

Top Bottom