Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I too am a summer lifter

super_rice

hey guys, i let my journal die after nationals (but still kept paper copies, just not posted to here).

anyway, training has been shit since after nationals till about april. this is due to big big happenings for me academically/career wise.

joined a new gym here in hamilton ontario, i now bike about 4km to the gym and 4km back before and after every single workout (that's 5-6x weekly). who says olympic weightlifters don't need cardio? honest to god truth i feel fuckin awesome.

i still have a lot on my plate academically, but as officially university is off, i can dedicate lots more time to training and recovery.

took me about 2 weeks to get my technique back and snappy, and i pretty much spent this week killing shit! (is walkingbeast still around?)

jan 2007:

bodyweight: 74.0
snatch: 100kg
cj: 120kg

accessory
snatch below the knee 95kg x 1rep
clean below the knee + jerk 100 x 1rep
backsquat 165kg
box jump ~5ft (fresh)

may 2007:

bodyweight: 75.5 (all abs going now muahah, definately changed body comp)
snatch: 103kg (thsi is still old max from march, maxing on snatch in a week or two)
clean and jerk: 125kg (easily, new max coming)

accessory
snatch from blocks 95kg x 3 (holy shit!)
clean below the knee + jerk 115kg x 1
back squat ?
box jump 5ft 2" (today, after maxing all week)
rack jerk 135kg

anyway, training is starting to get really serious and i'm excited to see what gains there are to be reaped before school picks up again!

i'm also doing lots of accessory stuff these days, i do around 5x10 glute ham raises (not the ones with the back extension, real GHRs this time), lots of jumps, and pulls of all sorts (i train at a crossfit so there's always rings and other useful stuff)

stay posted!

cal

yeah the box jumping is some serious fun, but that kind of training gets really boring. the most fun part is training oly style for a couple of months, coming back to the jumps and hitting PRs without ever actually training them!

but yeah i'm taking pages out of the books of CCJ, frank yang on youtube, etc..

Top Bottom