Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my computer has a virus.....any free anitvirus programs out there that I can download

seaking420 said:
IT has completely slowed my pc down ......im getting pop ups and wont allow me to open links or to use my right click on my mouse.

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago when a rather less than intellegent family member downloaded some crap. I have Symantec Anti Virus, Spybot and adaware and nothing could clean this bugger it would get cleaned and then immediately re-infect since it got into the registry. I must of wasted 10 hours trying to fix this thing. The easiest thing to do is backup your files and re-install the OS. I know it sounds extreme but XP only takes about an hour or so to re-install and then just upload all your files again. The other option is to try and use the program Hijack this. It will create a log file for you and with a little help from an expert, they can tell you exactly what files you need to delete to clean your system up again. You can google hijackthis for more help - but honestly I would re-install the OS.

thanks...........i downloaded spybot and it worked but it didnt completely fix it so im going to try some of the other ones now. I guess if the 3 dont work i will just re-install windows.

Avg

Re: my computer has a virus.....any free anitvirus programs out there that I can down

PuddleMonkey said:
I'd recommend running all three Spybot, AVG, and Ad-Aware. One of the employees fucked one of the computers up and work and I ran those three and it fixed everything.

Did you fix him too later?

Re: my computer has a virus.....any free anitvirus programs out there that I can down

PuddleMonkey said:
I'd recommend running all three Spybot, AVG, and Ad-Aware. One of the employees fucked one of the computers up and work and I ran those three and it fixed everything.

worked for me

Top Bottom