Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Motivation, hints and tips for getting and staying in shape

heatherrae said:
I want to look better than ever before my baby turns one year old -- just to prove to myself that I can.

I really think that being healthy, well and fit for your children is one of the best things you can do for them, and yourself.

Talk about a motivation.

Making a difference with future generations.

I do think a lot of self-esteem issues get so convoluted with body-image.

We all know in our heart of hearts that women are always judged by how they look first and foremost.

I think that changes as we (men and women) get older, but during those formative teen-aged years. Major effect and impact on how we view ourselves.

I went through some really interesting and really challenging things to learn to love myself.

Some of this may sound a bit frivolous, but I would do little things, like get a pedicure, have a girlie night in with a bubble bath, candles, great music, wear fantastic matching undies even though I was just going to work, learn how to put on make-up, buy a really pretty dress :)

All those little things add up, and they start to become habit, and wash over into other areas, like 'Hmmmmmmmm, would I be loving myself if I ate that (insert fav junk food here)'

I have gone completely off a healthy diet a few times, and in all honesty, the effect is has had on me has not been worth it.

I still have occasional goodies, but they have really got to be worth the calories.

And my nails are ALWAYS done now

:heart:

Tatyana said:
I really think that being healthy, well and fit for your children is one of the best things you can do for them, and yourself.

Talk about a motivation.

Making a difference with future generations.

I do think a lot of self-esteem issues get so convoluted with body-image.

We all know in our heart of hearts that women are always judged by how they look first and foremost.

I think that changes as we (men and women) get older, but during those formative teen-aged years. Major effect and impact on how we view ourselves.

I went through some really interesting and really challenging things to learn to love myself.

Some of this may sound a bit frivolous, but I would do little things, like get a pedicure, have a girlie night in with a bubble bath, candles, great music, wear fantastic matching undies even though I was just going to work, learn how to put on make-up, buy a really pretty dress :)

All those little things add up, and they start to become habit, and wash over into other areas, like 'Hmmmmmmmm, would I be loving myself if I ate that (insert fav junk food here)'

I have gone completely off a healthy diet a few times, and in all honesty, the effect is has had on me has not been worth it.

I still have occasional goodies, but they have really got to be worth the calories.

And my nails are ALWAYS done now

:heart:
Yes, I want him to be able to be proud of his mommy when I take him places when he gets older. I already make sure that he eats veggies and fruits rather than all snacks, like many parents.

I haven't gotten back into having my nails done, etc, just yet because I have no one to watch him while I do stuff like that. I think I will start getting a babysitter on Saturday mornings, though, so I can do some "girl things" like that.

heatherrae said:
I want to look better than ever before my baby turns one year old -- just to prove to myself that I can.
Its good to see some of the reg girls posting her. I feel so cool getting to talk in hear tee hee :heart:

What motiivates me more then anything is having a goal something to work towards in little steps. Since making the choice not to compete this year and rehad my nagging shoulder problem my new goals is to run a 10 minute mile.

Tatyana, after that beautiful rant, I have to say that if I weren't already married, I'd offer to take you out for martinis. (yeah, I'm a guy, and I like martinis... so what:) )

I keep motivated becasue I'm a vain lil wench. lol I laugh, but it's true in a lot of ways.

Tat- YOU hit the nail on the head when you mentioned when a child comes onto the scene. I like being a fit example for Brianna( my lil girl). I want to provide the tools for her to live an active , healthy lifestyle when I'm not around someday. She's my heart and soul in my training now. I'm still a vain wench too. lol She also knows her mom is not like most mom's either. I love when I can show her friends a new way of eating healthy(along with training)! IF they learn just a little, perhaps the seed will take root! Does not get ANY better than that in my book.

superqt4u2nv said:
What motiivates me more then anything is having a goal something to work towards in little steps. Since making the choice not to compete this year and rehad my nagging shoulder problem my new goals is to run a 10 minute mile.
you can do that for sure!

needtogetaas said:
Its good to see some of the reg girls posting her. I feel so cool getting to talk in hear tee hee :heart:
lol...i'm far from regular. I'm quite irregular.

Good post Tat.

I agree that theory is always a lot easier than practice.

Thank you for the motivational piece :)

vixensghost said:
I keep motivated becasue I'm a vain lil wench. lol I laugh, but it's true in a lot of ways.
Way to keep it real! LOL! I can relate. It feels soooo good to look better and better instead of worse all the time. :heart:

Top Bottom