Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

maintenance diets and the bullshit concerning bulking phases

blood_drinker

ok whatup. all my life i have been chubby except for now (im 15, when im on big andy's diet and im gaining some nice mass as well as losing (believe it or not).

Ok, so before I go on a bulking phase right after the cutting, I would love to cherish some ripped abs for a while. Do I have to eat 6 meals a day to maintain the gains I made? I would assume so...since it is a lifestyle.

But if I am going to have to go through the trouble of doing that, I will just bulk like all hell. But with all bulking diets, it seems that most people think it's an excuse for becoming a fat ass (pizza and ice cream wtf?)

I know you need to up your caloric intake (which by eating egg whites would be impossible) but i see people of a normal weight eating this. Bullshit ! only eat that kind of shit if you are huge and you need to reach the calories..

Who has bulked and gained NO FAT? Please, post your routine and diet. ...i would appreciate it.

does testosterone.net have any mass gain but no fat gain diets? I wanna go on one of those....

ok i read my post and i know it sounds lame. some fat must obviously be gained.
So rephrased:

Bulking with MINIMAL fat gain....

I've managed to keep fat to a minimum while "bulking".

lift 4x a week, do a 15 minute warmup before every session on the stationary bike, one kickass HARD interval training cardio session per week, I pop an ECA before my workouts even when I'm trying to gain, and when I start feeling a little "soft", I cut for about a week or so. Generally, I've found that when one starts cutting, the most drastic loss is in the first two weeks or so; therefore, I can throw a cutting week in every month and a half or so.

It's worked. I've gained 30 pounds in the last 5.5 months, and can still see my abs very clearly.

About 2900-3000 calories per day, 40% protein, 40% complex carbs, 20% fat.

Generally, I've found that when one starts cutting, the most drastic loss is in the first two weeks or so

is this because you don't implement cheat days? That's what they are for, (last I heard) : too keep the dramatic losses coming in. Or is it still the first 2 weeks, regardless of whether you implement cheat days or not?

I do a cheat meal once per week. I think the key here is that the body simply starts adapting. Regardless of the occasional higher calorie intake, your body starts slowing the metabolism and begins to adjust to a lower level of activity. I'd rather consistenly bulk at a slow/moderate pace and always be within 2-4 weeks of being ripped, rather than fat 9 months out of the year, you know?

Top Bottom