Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Machines or Free Weights?

I would never do a tricep workout without pushdowns. Do both, you can see what machines have done for the IFBB pros. Look at past pros when they didnt have machines, and now when we do.:D

Free weights. Was told long ago it is about controlling the weight, not how much you can bounce off of your chest. There is no control with machines. Of course I do hit machines but it is to focus on one muscle, and at the end of the workout.:mix:

IMO, well-designed machines are superior to free weights for most movements. I do believe that bodybuilders should perfect their form with free weights before moving on to machines, however.

Flame away.

yeah I'm gonna shoot some roids in my bum too, can any of you guys tell me how to work out? or do I even have too?

LOL.

depends on the muclegroup. i might do i or 2 machine movments if i feel that it will help develpe a muscle. like for instance low pulley rows for back, pushdowns for triceps, lex ext for quads, leg curls for hams, calf raise for (suprise) calves. people who are saying machine movments arent worth shit are wrong. they may not require as much help from other muscles, both they do help you focus one that one musclegroup.

Use both.

My leg workout uses 3 machines - well, 4 if you count the standing smith calf raise. <---this is all the smith is good for.

I use a 3" high DIY box and put a few 20kg plates on the opposite side so it doesn't fly up and crack my shins. Make sure you get well under the bar though, or else you'll feel a nasty stretch in your chest, especially when you start using big weights.

thanks man..im gonna have my lil bro try it. he maxes out the damn calf raise machine..he got monster calves...sucks :mad:

Top Bottom