Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lowering bodyfat, keeping muscle for the summer

jcregs

Hey everyone,

I just got my body fat tested today, and it came out to be a little over 10%. I'm wondering what I need to do just to lower it by only a percent or more (to only 8 or 9 percent) and retain as much muscle as possible. I follow a diet where I eat carbs and protein with my first 3-4 meals, and just fat and protein for my last 2-3. I've been keeping my training with heavy weights on all exercises (6-8 reps), but I've started doing 2-3 days/week cardio in the AM on an empty stomach and 1-2 days a week 30 minutes after weights cardio. Here is an average day of meals:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal, chicken breast, vegetables

Meal 2: 3/4 cup oatmeal, can tuna, vegetables

Meal 3: (post-lifting workout) 42 grams whey protein, 20 oz. gatorade, 5 grams creatine

Meal 4: Large grilled chicken salad, tablespoon flax

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese, tablespoon flax

Any suggestions for more/less I need or other things I need to do for this cutting phase?

-jcregs

how many cals are you taking in a day
just estimating i'd say its only like 1000-1300?
if its too low your gonna start shedding muscle

When I want to drop my bodyfat % I just cut back on carbs and bump my protein and fat to compensate. Depending on the speed of your metabolism it might be as simple as eating 1/2 cup of oats in your first meal instead of a full cup (assuming that you are eating an adequate number of calories - as BiggerisBetter pointed out). If you undereat you will just be screwing yourself!!

Cutting carbs will work for a leaning cycle - but only to a certain point - and only for a limited amount of time. Don't be too drastic and you should be fine.

OK, so what suggestions do you think I should make to my diet to add more calories to keep strength and muscle, but to strip fat as well?

Top Bottom